Jag and windows file sharing

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
plz dont shoot me saying that its unreleased sw yadda yadda yadda, but ive got a small problem.

ok, so jaguar can view computers on windwos networks and windows can view jaguar on the network too, but im having a problem with this part. when i turn on windows file sharing, all it says is that windows users can access your computer at //192.168.2.30/thunder, however, i dont know much about networking windows and i dont know how to access my computer at that address. does anyone know how to do this?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    start->run->"\\\\192.168.2.30\\thunder". on windows the slashes have to go the other way (stupid microsoft). or, if u have a file or internet expolorer window, type the address in there. if the slashes go like this '/', it'll try to connect to a web or ftp server. if they go like this '\\' then it'll try to connect to a windows file sharing server.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    it keeps telling me the password is not recognized, and the account has the option "allow user to log in from windows" checked
  • Reply 3 of 4
    What version of windows are you using? Do you get prompted for a userid and password?
  • Reply 4 of 4
    windowsME, and it does prompt for a PW, but not an id, i was assuming the id was the home dir. i was trying to access (192.168.2.30\\thunder)

[ 08-07-2002: Message edited by: ThunderPoit ]</p>