Same router, same acount, new computer now sharing won't work

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
The only variable I replaced was my home desktop. The router is the same. The apple tv is the same. The apple ID is the same.

In iTunes, I turned on home sharing and logged into my account.

In the firewall, I have iTunes permission.

Still doesn't work...

the regular apple site won't let me pick a user name for their forums with my own apple id because I already have that id with my email address or something like that (hits head).

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Sorry to self-reply, but I didn't know if it would help to mention it's a Win7, 64bit, sp1 build. I'm not anti-mac, just can't afford the computing power I need in a mac, even though I would LOVE a pro mac. I work with all macs in my day job. They play nicely together there. It's not as easy when I want apple products and windows to play nicely together at home.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mediaseth View Post

Sorry to self-reply, but I didn't know if it would help to mention it's a Win7, 64bit, sp1 build. I'm not anti-mac, just can't afford the computing power I need in a mac, even though I would LOVE a pro mac. I work with all macs in my day job. They play nicely together there. It's not as easy when I want apple products and windows to play nicely together at home.

maybe you have too many computers on your account? check your account setting in iTunes. Should tell you how many you have or have left...

if you forgot to de - authorize an old computer before you let it go, just de-authorize them all off and reassign the ones you now have.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Thanks, MagicFingers!! I got it to work right away. I hadn't reached my limit of authorized computers, it's just been so long since I've had to do this that I completely forgot about that step. I thought just signing into my account with iTunes and turning on Home Sharing would do the trick.

I really wish there was something somewhere that said the authorization step had to be done. A little error message with that statement would have been welcome. I could've had music in the living room all day.