iBooks on Computer?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I have the iBooks app for my 4S but it doesn't show in my iTunes directory on either my home computer or laptop? Even with a few *.PDF files stored in it.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Well... did you download iBooks on the phone or on one of the computers?... If on the phone, then the App won't automatically show up on the computers unless you are using iCloud (on all devices, same account ID) and have it set to sync such things automatically.

In any case, if you sync your phone with whichever computer you sync it with, then the iBooks app should then show up on that computer.

[~user>music>iTunes>iTunes Music>Mobile Applications>iBooks 2.0.1.ipa]

That said... iTunes will NOT "display" books on the desktop ... there's no way to read DRM'd epub files from Apple except on iOS... not OSX. Now, there are several third party OSX apps that will allow you to read NON-DRM'd epub files (among others) on the desktop/laptop.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

Well... did you download iBooks on the phone or on one of the computers?... If on the phone, then the App won't automatically show up on the computers unless you are using iCloud (on all devices, same account ID) and have it set to sync such things automatically.

In any case, if you sync your phone with whichever computer you sync it with, then the iBooks app should then show up on that computer.

[~user>music>iTunes>iTunes Music>Mobile Applications>iBooks 2.0.1.ipa]

That said... iTunes will NOT "display" books on the desktop ... there's no way to read DRM'd epub files from Apple except on iOS... not OSX. Now, there are several third party OSX apps that will allow you to read NON-DRM'd epub files (among others) on the desktop/laptop.

Yeah - I'm using iCloud across all devices, d/l iBooks on the phone. But I thought the fact it wasn't showing was that the Sync settings have to be tinkered with. Thanks, I'll check that out.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    It's in iTune's preferences (on OSX).

iTunes > Preferences > "Store" Tab > Automatic Downloads checkboxes for Apps, Music, Books.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    mfterkamfterka Posts: 50member
    Cool - thanks for spelling it out for me. Finding the right config can be a pain.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    For downloading iBooks on you android phone how much space is required? I have 8GB card but it says not enough space to store file. Is8GB not enough?