Update Now or Wait For Mountain Lion ?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Looking for some advice.

Been dealing with illness & now future on/as disabled person.

Used to be on top of EVERYTHING MAC, literally since 1984 . . . in other words I would have know the answer to this question myself . . . life changes things before you know it.

Anyhow , I have a 17" MBP ,2.8 I7 about a year old , maxed out & with a 512k flash drive, etc and an imac, also about a year old ( both bought last Feb); 27" maxed out memory, 128 flash drive/2t ata, quad cores , etc.

Both are running Snow Leopard.

I'm going back into my online Billing Business , but in a much smaller way .. . from home.

For a while, cost is/has going to mean more then it ever has before to me. . .

So, my question is ; Should I update ( 1 or both) to Lion NOW or wait for Mountain Lion?

Except for not being able to update to i-cloud, I don't seem to suffering at all using Snow Leopard.

Any one have any advice ? The Lion update for both looks like at least $60. ( no family pack, etc). Don't know if the thumb drive allows more then one install on two family computers)

Snow Lion is due out this Summer, Should I wait and just jump directly to Mountain Lion ?

Will I be able to ? I notice you need Snow Leopard installed in order to update to Lion ?

I really appreciate any advice . . . the change from healthy and successful to sick and disabled in less then a year is something I wish on no one .

Thank You in advance for any ideas at all !

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bobo28 View Post

Looking for some advice.

Been dealing with illness & now future on/as disabled person.

Used to be on top of EVERYTHING MAC, literally since 1984 . . . in other words I would have know the answer to this question myself . . . life changes things before you know it.

Anyhow , I have a 17" MBP ,2.8 I7 about a year old , maxed out & with a 512k flash drive, etc and an imac, also about a year old ( both bought last Feb); 27" maxed out memory, 128 flash drive/2t ata, quad cores , etc.

Both are running Snow Leopard.

I'm going back into my online Billing Business , but in a much smaller way .. . from home.

For a while, cost is/has going to mean more then it ever has before to me. . .

So, my question is ; Should I update ( 1 or both) to Lion NOW or wait for Mountain Lion?

Except for not being able to update to i-cloud, I don't seem to suffering at all using Snow Leopard.

Any one have any advice ? The Lion update for both looks like at least $60. ( no family pack, etc). Don't know if the thumb drive allows more then one install on two family computers)

Snow Lion is due out this Summer, Should I wait and just jump directly to Mountain Lion ?

Will I be able to ? I notice you need Snow Leopard installed in order to update to Lion ?

I really appreciate any advice . . . the change from healthy and successful to sick and disabled in less then a year is something I wish on no one .

Thank You in advance for any ideas at all !

Now. Since Lion is only $29 you may as well enjoy the benefits right now and get prepared for ML.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bobo28 View Post

Well if you're waiting for "Snow Lion", why would you bother with?

Absolutely get Lion.

Quote:

Nope, you just need it to download Lion.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    marvfoxmarvfox Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Well if you're waiting for "Snow Lion", why would you bother with?

Absolutely get Lion.

Nope, you just need it to download Lion.

Mountain Lion is no big deal I see and what i read about.