MWC names Galaxy S II best smartphone, iPad 2 best tablet

Comments

• Reply 41 of 159
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Secular Investor View Post

They would vote Samsung or some other non-iPhone maker as Manufacturer of the Year, because the MWC is for all the also rans, which Apple ignores!

The award, voted by Apple's competitors, conveniently ignores the fact that Apple is so successful that it makes three times as much profit as all the other mobile phone makers combined.

What is surprising is that they voted for iPad as the Tablet Of The Year, bearing in mind that the award is voted for by all Apple's competitors. It seems to show that even its competitors realise that the iPad is generations ahead of the rest of them!

your logic is broken.
  • Reply 42 of 159
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    How many people here own the Galaxy S II?
  • Reply 43 of 159
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by xavier83 View Post

Well apple only updated the specs with the Iphone 4s with no radicle new design so it fair to say that samsung's galaxy s2 did win this time around.. but with the iphone 5 very likely to have a new design Samsung better savor the glory because it isn't going to last long...

but I have to say that the Galaxy s2 is very nice just to big for my comfort but much props to Samsung..

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DrFreeman View Post

I think Galaxy SII is a good mobile phone from the hardware point of view. I think for iPhone 5 Apple would move its hardware technology to something similar to SII given its thinner profile. (I have iPhone4 and I think the hardware is good!)

However in terms of software it is a different story altogether!

So you think Apple should drop back from Bluetooth 4.0, get rid of the backlit camera sensor, cut back on the audio quality (particularly with headphones), get rid of GLANOSS compatability from the GPS and stop making the 64GB model just to match the Galaxy S2 hardware?

I hope not, Apple is moving forward not backwards.
  • Reply 44 of 159
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cycomiko View Post

why does everyone place Apples profit as a beneficial area for consumers?

And please dont say R&D investment, as profit is after that. never mind most is external to the USA.

Support.

Your iPhone stops working, you can walk into a store and get given a new one.

There's something you don't understand, give them a call and they'll step you through it.

Accessories and developers and accessories and developers and accessories and developers and accessories and developers and accessories and developers and accessories and developers and accessories and developers and accessories and developers and accessories and developers and accessories and developers and accessories and developers and accessories and developers and accessories and developers and accessories and developers and accessories and developers and accessories and developers and accessories and developers and accessories and developers and accessories and developers and accessories and developers and accessories and developers and accessories and developers and accessories and developers and accessories and developers and accessories and developers and accessories and developers and accessories and developers etc
  • Reply 45 of 159
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

For a fee.

Quote:

There's something you don't understand, give them a call and they'll step you through it.

For a fee.
  • Reply 46 of 159
    tylerk36tylerk36 Posts: 1,037member
    Global Mobile Awards Chief is sitting down talking to Samsung exec and all of a sudden feels something bump into his leg three times. He looks down and sees nothing but three bundles of $100.00 bills. He then looks up in the direction of the arm holding the bills in and sees that Samsung is bribing him. He then accepts the money after the Samsung exec says. We want to support your firm. Now its all a matter of money now isn't it. Being that Apple diet feel that bribery is key in the award they came out second on the smart phone. Oh well. Its the sales that matter not the little award that will collect dust.

And for all of you who think my spelling and grammar is terrible. I personally now of two people registered here. Please remember I am a Disabled VET with a head injury. So please be patient with me. Thank you.
  • Reply 47 of 159
    muppetrymuppetry Posts: 3,331member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

MWC is a crock of shit....

oh wait? they named the iPad best tablet...ummm maybe they aren't.

Realistically, it would have been a bit of a stretch to choose any other tablet. With the phones there were believable alternatives.
  • Reply 48 of 159
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

Apple: Enjoy your meaningless top award, Sammy. Meanwhile we'll just roll around in the record profits we're making.

We? You do realize Apple's profits, accomplishments ect..... Have ZERO to do with you?
  • Reply 49 of 159
    muppetrymuppetry Posts: 3,331member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by I am a Zither Zather Zuzz View Post

How can they possibly say that? What are they thinking? Do they hate Apple?

Your posts increasingly seem to resemble elevator music. Especially since you changed your user name. Is it just boredom with the topics?
  • Reply 50 of 159
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by muppetry View Post

Your posts increasingly seem to resemble elevator music. Especially since you changed your user name. Is it just boredom with the topics?

He misses the controversy that came with his old account. The controversy that, I'm sure he remembers, got that account silenced in the first place.

So he posts increasingly polarized nonsense for the purpose of any response.
  • Reply 51 of 159
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Secular Investor View Post

They would vote Samsung or some other non-iPhone maker as Manufacturer of the Year, because the MWC is for all the also rans, which Apple ignores!

The award, voted by Apple's competitors, conveniently ignores the fact that Apple is so successful that it makes three times as much profit as all the other mobile phone makers combined.

What is surprising is that they voted for iPad as the Tablet Of The Year, bearing in mind that the award is voted for by all Apple's competitors. It seems to show that even its competitors realise that the iPad is generations ahead of the rest of them!

Can you divide by zero as well?
  • Reply 52 of 159
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tylerk36 View Post

And for all of you who think my spelling and grammar is terrible. I personally now of two people registered here. Please remember I am a Disabled VET with a head injury. So please be patient with me. Thank you.

I'm also a disabled VET with a head injury!

Was it a cat or a dog that got you?

Spelling and grammar aside, my observations on your posts is that your attitude sucks, so don't expect anybody to go easy on you soon...
  • Reply 53 of 159
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by realitycheck69 View Post

Sounds about right.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

lol, so people are honestly offended by this? HAH you'll live.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Just_Me View Post

egos may not

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tooltalk View Post

iPhone is 25% SAmsung.

Any of you guys own a Galaxy SII?
  • Reply 54 of 159
    Quote:

Reported. Edit: Now on Ignore.
  • Reply 55 of 159
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Why is this troll still allowed to post?

Edit: Report or Ignore.
  • Reply 56 of 159
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

On that same note, why do people think that a company profiting from a product is a bad thing for customers? I'm guessing my iPhone has been updated and supported better than the Palm Pre.

Motorola would give their nuts to make a profit.
  • Reply 57 of 159
    Quote:

Tim Cook is a master at picking quality parts vendors.

Edit: For other posters, please Report or Ignore.
  • Reply 58 of 159
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Support.

Accessories and developers and accessories and developers and accessories and developers and accessories and developers and accessories and developers and accessories and developers and accessories and developers and accessories and developers and accessories and developers and accessories and developers and accessories and developers and accessories and developers and accessories and developers and accessories and developers and accessories and developers and accessories and developers and accessories and developers and accessories and developers and accessories and developers and accessories and developers and accessories and developers and accessories and developers and accessories and developers and accessories and developers and accessories and developers and accessories and developers and accessories and developers etc

Another one with broken logic, support is pre profit and paid for with Apple care. Accessories and developers don't come from Apples profit.
  • Reply 59 of 159
    berpberp Posts: 136member
    Quote:

I command MWC on their well camouflaged affirmative action agenda. A stuttering copycat masterpiece gets rewarded on an equal footing with an eloquent original one. And the Master craftsman gets its flagship unvarnished by a master cheat among cheats in the process.

Could there be class warfare at MWC? Classy Apple vs the classless rest?

All that's left for the Courts of Law to ponder is whether intellectual property would be better safeguarded were we to implement a Taliban-like interpretation of the law: a raped woman should be severely sanctioned for having unwillingly lost her virginity; a robbed Apple should be ostracized for having unwittingly forfeited its creativity...

The sheer thrills of public flogging, ...literally or figuratively, work wonders for the sexually repressed, ...be they in Taliban or in Blog land territory.
  • Reply 60 of 159
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

For a fee.

For a fee.

Not when it's covered by warranty, where for a Galaxy S2, for example, it would be sent to a service centre for repair.