17" Apple LCD Problem?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I bought a 17" Apple LCD when they first came out approximately this time last year. Recently it has been making a hissing noise when I turn it on, after its been inactive for a period of time (overnight usually) this is accompanied with some screen flickering for about 3 seconds. This doesn't seem to effect the operation the screen after its initial startup, but could this be an indication of a looming problem? This is my first LCD and due to this I have limited experience with them, any insight into this would be appreciated.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    My flat panels don't hiss, but they do flicker when they're being woken up from sleep. They "blink" about three times, then the raster sticks. Something tells me I wouldn't worry about it, but even if it were a looming problem, what can you do about it? It's kind of like whether or not you would want to know when you will die...

You are going to die, and so is the display, it's a matter of when God, I'm in a depressed mood. I believe I have an appointment with Dr. Jack Daniels and a cup of coffee now...