Liquidmetal announces it is now shipping commercial parts to unnamed customers

Comments

• Reply 21 of 72
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    What part of this makes no sense:

"...the company announced on Wednesday that its manufacturing operations are now shipping parts to a number of worldwide customers"

"In 2010, Apple purchased the exclusive rights to utilize the company's amorphous metal alloys in consumer electronics."

Let's see, shipping to a number of customers but Apple purchased the rights to be the only customer?
  • Reply 22 of 72
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

"...the company announced on Wednesday that its manufacturing operations are now shipping parts to a number of worldwide customers"

"In 2010, Apple purchased the exclusive rights to utilize the company's amorphous metal alloys in consumer electronics."

Let's see, shipping to a number of customers but Apple purchased the rights to be the only customer?

You really need to work on your reading comprehension.

Apple is the exclusive customer FOR CONSUMER ELECTRONICS. There are lots of other markets that LQMT could sell their product to.
  • Reply 23 of 72
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:

It actually makes sense if you read it more closely.

It could mean that some company that has nothing to do with consumer electronics is using it.
  • Reply 24 of 72
    Some are going to be rich today, it's up 80%...!!!

http://www.google.com/finance?q=OTC:LQMT
  • Reply 25 of 72
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Freshmaker View Post

Bought some at .20 - already at .22!

Now at .33.

I bought some at .205 and then tried to buy more, but the trades wouldn't execute - even though my limit order was well above the listed price. I'm guessing that trades were occurring so fast that they couldn't keep up.
  • Reply 26 of 72
    farshadfarshad Posts: 15member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Freshmaker View Post

Bought some at .20 - already at .22!

congrats ! your rich ! 90% up
  • Reply 27 of 72
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

I bought a fair bit LQMT on its last round of Apple-related news, many many months ago.

It has been nothing but a bag of hurt since....... let's hope something's finally afoot.\

Add: I see that cherrypop kept me company!

Yeah, hopefully so. Seems like they have a pretty good product on their hands if they can just find some good uses for it and market it successfully. Apple getting in early is obviously a very good sign.
  • Reply 28 of 72
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Now at .33.

I bought some at .205 and then tried to buy more, but the trades wouldn't execute - even though my limit order was well above the listed price. I'm guessing that trades were occurring so fast that they couldn't keep up.

Yeah the volume today is ridiculous! 8M shares moved already. Volatile as heck lol.
  • Reply 29 of 72
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    Quote:

You really need to work on your reading comprehension.

Apple is the exclusive customer FOR CONSUMER ELECTRONICS. There are lots of other markets that LQMT could sell their product to.

I thought of that just a couple minutes ago and it makes sense. Thank you sir. We could all work on reading comprehension at times. BTW, how's that 2.25% research coming along?
  • Reply 30 of 72
    Quote:

China, Brazil, ...
  • Reply 31 of 72
    alienzedalienzed Posts: 393member
    Holy crap, now if you drop your ipad, it's just going to bounce right back at you.
  • Reply 32 of 72
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:

Now at .33.

The line goes straight up. It's obviously one dude who bought a shitload of shares at once, which brought the price up. If prices are on the move real quick and you need to get in quick and time is of the essence, isn't a market order better and quicker? Otherwise you might miss out by using a limit order like you did. I don't know shit about the market, but that would seem to make sense, though I might very likely be wrong.
  • Reply 33 of 72
    neeperneeper Posts: 22member
    Oh, then it makes sense the new iPad is black:

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showthread.php?t=145433

• Reply 34 of 72
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member
    It's just springy glass from what I can see. Maybe it relates to the haptic rumours going around? i.e. the screen will somehow, using some technology or other, physically respond to your touches.
  • Reply 35 of 72
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Neeper View Post

Oh, then it makes sense the new iPad is black:

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showthread.php?t=145433

Looks pretty darn silver to me.

• Reply 36 of 72
    nagrommenagromme Posts: 2,834member
    That SIM ejector tool is sweet! Everyone is still playing catch up to Apple?s SIM ejector tools.
  • Reply 37 of 72
    ajpriceajprice Posts: 320member
    What is the benefit of using bouncy metal instead of metal?
  • Reply 38 of 72
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

The line goes straight up. It's obviously one dude who bought a shitload of shares at once, which brought the price up. If prices are on the move real quick and you need to get in quick and time is of the essence, isn't a market order better and quicker? Otherwise you might miss out by using a limit order like you did. I don't know shit about the market, but that would seem to make sense, though I might very likely be wrong.

Wrong on virtually all accounts.

First, it wasn't one guy who bought the shares all at once. Look at the volume chart. The largest share volume was 800,000 shares, but that may have been more than one buyer in that time period (they seem to report 5 minute intervals). So less than 9% of today's volume could possibly have been a single order (and probably much less).

Second, market orders are not possible with many brokers for share price below $1. Mine would not accept it.

Third, "market orders are quicker" is misleading. If there is an offer out there matched by my limit order, the trades would execute at the same speed. The only way the market order is faster is if I have to wait for someone to sell at my price - which leads to....

Third, "market orders are better" is very often wrong. For volatile stocks, you almost always pay more for a market order (often MUCH more). If the stock is bouncing around, you could easily pay a significant percentage premium with a market order.
  • Reply 39 of 72
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sasparilla View Post

I love the fact that with nearly any other company Liquidmetal would be able to say who it was, so we pretty much know who it was since they won't reveal the name.

Many companies don't like this kind of info getting out.
  • Reply 40 of 72
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ajprice View Post

What is the benefit of using bouncy metal instead of metal?