Apple Store begins taking new iPad WiFi and 4G orders for March 16 delivery

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 67
    desarcdesarc Posts: 642member
    i've ordered a 16GB wifi, but i'm surprised that apple is still charging $100 to go from 16 to 32GB.

that was the same cost/storage increase two years ago, and apple can't be paying more than 10-15 bucks for 16GB in the quantities they're ordering.
  • Reply 62 of 67
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by desarc View Post

i've ordered a 16GB wifi, but i'm surprised that apple is still charging $100 to go from 16 to 32GB.

that was the same cost/storage increase two years ago, and apple can't be paying more than 10-15 bucks for 16GB in the quantities they're ordering.

Isn't that how pretty much all products are sold? Higher end products are sold at a higher profit margin. This subsidizes the lower end models, ensuring a more viable platform and supporting future R&D.

It is true for everything from bicycles and ballpoint pens to automobiles. Tablets aren't any different.
  • Reply 63 of 67
    64 gb black with VZW. Took all of five minutes. Zero delays or hassles.

Waited in line on Launch Day for iPad 1 and iPad 2. Too busy to take a day off to do that this year. I'll practice trickle down economics with my kids again with the iPad 2. Both previous models were just wifi, so I'm curious to see how the 4G LTE will do here in Southcentral Pennsylvania.

Hope you get yours!
  • Reply 64 of 67
    Anyone know how long Apple hold an item for at the store if you order online selecting instore pickup? I'll be on holiday in the US from 4th April but not sure if they'll keep it nearly 3 weeks. Thanks
  • Reply 65 of 67
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Splash-reverse View Post

I just managed to do the checkout process at the secure checkout page i.e. past login but *le click no response....

Apple! Y U No take my money?

BTW, buying through edu store for a £19 discount. Not much but still...

No education discount here in the States... at least not at my university. I'm sorta' waiting for Amazon, or MacMall, or....
  • Reply 66 of 67
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by desarc View Post

cost of my new iPad wifi 16GB, including CT sales tax:

$530.69

cost of 1 share of AAPL at close of business on the day of release:

$530.69

Add in,

Value of one share of AAPL I bought in the nineties for $2.50 (split adjusted): $530.69.
  • Reply 67 of 67
    My inboxes were bombarded with 'Pre-order the new iPad' emails from Apple, so I gave in and pre-ordered a 64GB 4G White.

Confirmation Email says delivery expected 30 March

Just two weeks after they imply you'll get it, then. Just hope it's a conservative estimate as I could really do with it before 23 March as I'm planning a trip and wanted to take it with me.