Online orders of new iPad will now take up to 3 weeks to ship

24

Comments

  • markbyrnmarkbyrn Posts: 560member
    My iPad order shows it's shipped but the tracking number is not in the Fedex system yet and the Apple TV is still 'processing' - not getting a warm fuzzy here
  • island hermitisland hermit Posts: 6,217member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jragosta View Post


    If you are correct, that's 13 M iPads in this quarter. Want to bet that the press will have a field day and go on and on about how Apple's iPad shipments dropped since the last quarter?



    As crazy as it seems (virtually every consumer product's sales drop in the first calendar quarter), that's what happened least year.



    I hope the analysts slam Apple after the next quarterly announcement. It might give a few people the chance to buy AAPL at a cheaper price... and then wait for the 2012 holiday quarterly announcement... you know the one... that's where they announce 20 million iPads and 48 million iPhones sold.
  • adamiigsadamiigs Posts: 355member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sdyates View Post


    Yeah, 500+ clicks, 30+ minutes on the phone and then waiting 30 minutes and called in and got one Can't wait though. Reminds me of the days when I eagerly waitied for Commodore Amiga tech coming out - but could never afford it...



    So am I hearing this right - they are shipping yours from PA instead of China?



    Early shipments seem to come from the incoming ports, mine is shipping from Ontario California (as I live in southern cali).



    Usually after the in country stocks are gone they ship from china / wherever to Alaska. Trust me I've ordered enough apple shit in my life LOL
  • milkmagemilkmage Posts: 151member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jmmx View Post


    I would guess calendar Q2 sales at 15M: 13M New, 2 M iPad 2s.



    I predict more retina ipads sold than all previous gens combined. I don't think an average of ~2M per country is unreasonable.



    25 countries NEXT week.. 8 or so this week.
  • sdyatessdyates Posts: 13member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AdamIIGS View Post


    Early shipments seem to come from the incoming ports, mine is shipping from Ontario California (as I live in southern cali).



    Usually after the in country stocks are gone they ship from china / wherever to Alaska. Trust me I've ordered enough apple shit in my life LOL



    Perhaps that is the reason for the delays - they do not want to give it to me too early... It only takes a day to ship from the US. Or, maybe they will ship from Ontario Canada
  • apple ][apple ][ Posts: 7,823member
    What the hell Apple!



    I ordered on Wednesday as soon as I was able to get through, and my status has been "preparing to ship" for 4 days now!



    Who the hell is preparing my iPad? Some Chinese union worker?
  • sdyatessdyates Posts: 13member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post


    What the hell Apple!



    I ordered on Wednesday as soon as I was able to get through, and my status has been "preparing to ship" for 4 days now!



    Who the hell is preparing my iPad? Some Chinese union worker?



    Apple usually meets or beats shipping dates. Me thinks that the reason for our delays are because they are shipping from the North America and not overseas. I am just jealous of those guys with tracking numbers already!
  • zachb10zachb10 Posts: 59member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by markbyrn View Post


    My iPad order shows it's shipped but the tracking number is not in the Fedex system yet and the Apple TV is still 'processing' - not getting a warm fuzzy here



    I wouldn't worry. Mine says the same thing, but it's probably just going to ship from a local area and hasn't been dropped and scanned at FedEx yet.
  • hamiltonrrwatchhamiltonrrwatch Posts: 93member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by markbyrn View Post


    My iPad order shows it's shipped but the tracking number is not in the Fedex system yet and the Apple TV is still 'processing' - not getting a warm fuzzy here



    Same here. I ordered Thursday afternoon, 32g 4G White, and received the shipping notice from Apple Saturday. It wasn't until late this morning that FedEx had the tracking information in their system. It's not unusual for shippers to generate tracking numbers before the items actually ship. When you ordered will determine when FedEx has your shipment available for tracking.
  • mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    After all the fuss over it dies down in a week or two I'll just stroll into an Apple store and pick one up. I am also in the market for a new Mac Pro, a new iMac and a new MacBook Air or Pro, haven't decided which yet, but all of my computers are a bit long in the tooth right now, so I hope they issue new releases of those products soon.
  • apple ][apple ][ Posts: 7,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sdyates View Post


    Apple usually meets or beats shipping dates. Me thinks that the reason for our delays are because they are shipping from the North America and not overseas. I am just jealous of those guys with tracking numbers already!



    I'm hoping that's the reason. I don't need to get mine directly from China, as long as it comes on the promised date.
  • apple ][apple ][ Posts: 7,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mstone View Post


    After all the fuss over it dies down in a week or two I'll just stroll into an Apple store and pick one up.



    Haha, fat chance.



    It'll be even harder to get than the iPad2, and that took many months before it was readily available, unless somebody happened to be extremely lucky.
  • gqbgqb Posts: 1,934member
    I'm noticing that (at least as of now) FedEx is not providing an advance signing option to leave on your door. Wonder why.



    I knew I should have ordered a 2nd for resale, but a friend shamed me into just getting the one. Now with a 3 week lag, eBay resales are going to be at least 2X cost.

    Oh well, someone is going to get one on Friday thanks to my lack of capitalist instinct.



    \
  • gqbgqb Posts: 1,934member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Postulant View Post


    The Apple Tv will now take up to 2 weeks as well... I guess consumers aren't put off by the "incremental" upgrade or the new "lousy" UI.



    I think that's just because all available DHL capacity from China is filled to capacity with iPads.
  • mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post


    Haha, fat chance.



    It'll be even harder to get than the iPad2, and that took many months before it was readily available, unless somebody happened to be extremely lucky.



    That's what I did last time. We have 5 Apple stores in town, not to mention several other outlets. Anyway, if it takes a month or two I don't care. I'm not in any hurry, it is just an iPad. I already have one so no big deal.
  • sdyatessdyates Posts: 13member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GQB View Post


    I'm noticing that (at least as of now) FedEx is not providing an advance signing option to leave on your door. Wonder why.



    I knew I should have ordered a 2nd for resale, but a friend shamed me into just getting the one. Now with a 3 week lag, eBay resales are going to be at least 2X cost.

    Oh well, someone is going to get one on Friday thanks to my lack of capitalist instinct.



    \



    Just put your ipad on ebay or kijiji. Get a premium and then buy another one. Waiting an extra few weeks wont be that bad if you can make an extra hundred or two!
  • milkmagemilkmage Posts: 151member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post


    What the hell Apple!



    I ordered on Wednesday as soon as I was able to get through, and my status has been "preparing to ship" for 4 days now!



    Who the hell is preparing my iPad? Some Chinese union worker?



    Mine left HK - presumably on the way to AK where it enters customs.



    Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong\t 03/12/2012\t 8:35 P.M.\tDeparture Scan

    Shenzhen, China\t 03/10/2012\t 1:30 P.M.\tDeparture Scan

    Shenzhen, China\t 03/09/2012\t 6:23 P.M.\tOrigin Scan

    China\t 03/10/2012\t 5:01 P.M.\tOrder Processed: Ready for UPS
  • gqbgqb Posts: 1,934member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sdyates View Post


    I ordered mine Wednesday at 4:00 and mine still says preparing for shipment... not looking good for friday



    If it said 3/16 on your verification email, then it'll still be there Friday. My last one never actually updated correctly and I got it on Friday.
  • gqbgqb Posts: 1,934member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by efithian@mac.com View Post


    Ordered one for me (black) and one for my wife (white) on first day. It took 90 minutes and about 500 clicks to get them ordered. Both have been given tracking numbers for delivery by Mar 16 before 3:00 pm from the distribution center in Middletown, PA. These are upgrades from the original iPads, all are ATT 64gb, even though there is no LTE in Eastern PA for at least the next six months.



    It was actually an insidious plot on Apple's part to induce carpal tunnel on everyone to force them to convert to a touch interface.
  • gqbgqb Posts: 1,934member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post


    What the hell Apple!



    I ordered on Wednesday as soon as I was able to get through, and my status has been "preparing to ship" for 4 days now!



    Who the hell is preparing my iPad? Some Chinese union worker?



    Classy. Save it for Rush's show.
Sign In or Register to comment.