Apple releases OS X Mountain Lion Developer Preview 2

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Two, while for you and I seeing all the different incoming and outgoing connections is useful most won't understand them so this would just complicate Apple's user friendly design.

That's not what I mean. It obviously wouldn't show everything to everyone or even everything to anyone, but it would be able to show, trap, and block stuff that you designate?EVERYTHING you designate?using preset choices in System Preferences or more customized additions like Apple often has to their preference panes.
  • Reply 22 of 25
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

That's not what I mean. It obviously wouldn't show everything to everyone or even everything to anyone, but it would be able to show, trap, and block stuff that you designate?EVERYTHING you designate?using preset choices in System Preferences or more customized additions like Apple often has to their preference panes.

Apple's security interface is very weak and could use a major overhaul but I don't think Little Snitch is the answer.

Actually, I would like to see the System Preferences app to follow the way Settings is down on the iPad.
  • Reply 23 of 25
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Actually, I would like to see the System Preferences app to follow the way Settings is down on the iPad.

Yep, that would be quite interesting. As I was installing Windows 8 CP just today, I thought that it's funny that there's still a "Startup Disk" option that gets its own icon on the main screen of System Preferences.
  • Reply 24 of 25
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Yep, that would be quite interesting. As I was installing Windows 8 CP just today, I thought that it's funny that there's still a "Startup Disk" option that gets its own icon on the main screen of System Preferences.

I'd also like a well defined distinction between System Preference options that alter the entire OS and those that only alter it for that particular user. On top of that, I hate that Safari, Mail, Messages, and at least one more app are the way you alter the defaults app. I think this should be a drop down in System Preferences the way there default actions for CD & DVDs.
  • Reply 25 of 25
    haggarhaggar Posts: 1,568member
    Has the Finder been fixed to so it remembers view settings for individual folders? This has been an issue since Mac OS 10.5:

http://arstechnica.com/apple/reviews...-x-10-5.ars/12

See the video labeled "Finder global view style".