Sweet @$$ dream about the G5

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
OK- last night I had a kick ass dream about the G5. The Case was the same shape as the quicksliver but the grey parts on the case were glossy black. The side pannels were chrome with glass apple logos. They had 2 fans on the top of the case they drew air up from the bottom and out the top- ala new iMac. Anyway the $1599 machine had a 1.2 GHz G5 with 512 DDR ram and a Ge-Force 4MX cardwith a superdrive and the top of the line had a quad G5 at 1.8GHz with 1.5 gigs of RAM, Ge-Froce 4Ti and new 8x superdrive.

Also they released new Tibooks with 800MHz G4's that were also glossy black.

And to top it all off I worked at an Apple Store and got to play with them the first day they came out.

I'll try to make a mock-up later on today.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Yes, that would DEFINITELY qualify as a dream.

• Reply 2 of 5
    mattyjmattyj Posts: 898member
    There is a possibility of this coming true, as the details aren't that specific, sheeesh, nice dream.

Heh, its not a matter of if but a matter of when
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Seek help.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    junkyard dawgjunkyard dawg Posts: 2,801member
    Wow, you have very sweet dreams, my friend!

If such a G5 powermac were to be announced this summer, it would put Apple back on the map for those seeking high-performance computers.

In fact if Apple were planning on moving into the 3d animation and design market, then this is the sort of hardware I'd expect them to release, and soon.

If the G5 lives up to the rumors about its efficiency, then a 1.8 GHz G5 would mop the floor with a 2.4 GHz Pentium 4 on some tasks, and at least keep up with the Pentium on others. Apple wouldn't be ahead in performance, but at least Mac's wouldn't be joke computers.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    All these G5 threads are redundant.. consolidating.

RE: your dream... I wish.