Annoying finder issue

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I'm about go crazy with this Finder issue. Maybe someone can help. I have my folder view set as icon view, keep arranged, show item info, etc. This is my global setting and looks like this:

But every time I open a window that I haven't opened and fixed before, it looks like this:

What's the point of having a global view setting if I have to tell every previously unspawned window to use it? Can someone help? BTW, I'm running Jag.

edit: The example picture showed a disk image finder window. It's not unique to disk images (i.e., it's not because that's how the image was saved). I happens with every other window too. And I didn't even have my 10.1 finder windows look like that, so it's not a remnant of 10.1. :confused:

-t

ps - I've already tried deleting the .DS_Store files and that doesn't seem to help.

pps - once I've set the view, it sticks permanently.

[ 09-05-2002: Message edited by: torifile ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    No one has any ideas?
  • Reply 2 of 6
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    Strange, this does not happen with me...

I once ran an applescript that messed up my windows resizing them wrong all the time... That the oonly thing I can think of...

Not much help I'm afraid...
  • Reply 3 of 6
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    why don't u make a new user, and switch to that one ? that would give you a very clean user...

you can also make a new install of jag... preferably a clean one...
  • Reply 4 of 6
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    [quote]Originally posted by Defiant:

<strong>why don't u make a new user, and switch to that one ? that would give you a very clean user...

you can also make a new install of jag... preferably a clean one...</strong><hr></blockquote>

I'd rather not have to go through that. I'm perfectly happy with my setup as it is, except for this one little thing. And there's no way I'm doing a clean install b/c there's no need to. If I could get this one issue worked out.... The thing is there HAS to be some way to get my global view to actually be global unless specifically told by me not to be. There's just gotta be. Right?

BTW, I have also tried deleting my com.apple.finder.plist and that didn't help either, it just reset my toolbars.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    alright. but that was my best hint I could give you.

[ 09-07-2002: Message edited by: Defiant ]</p>
  • Reply 6 of 6
    That's odd. This doesn't happend to me. If I set my gobal settings to a certian setting. All my folders are like that.

Candy Bar Rocks