Apple sold 3M iPads over launch weekend [u]

12345679»

Comments

• Reply 161 of 170
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by matrix07 View Post

I still don't see any one of your links beat the Google though (and I know you'd tried very hard to find, hey hey).

Google the King of Efficiency!

Actually I spent less than 2 minutes looking, and a couple more reading the articles. Spelling errors aren't hard to find.
  • Reply 162 of 170
    paul94544paul94544 Posts: 1,027member
    a name like SLURPY...ROFL
  • Reply 163 of 170
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

I think you're spot-on Soli. Apple won't count the sale until the payment is assured and title transferred, and that generally happens when it's shipped. To be technical tho, I'm certain Apple counted a sale for every iPad sent to ATT, Walmart, etc, whether it actually made it to an end-user's hands yet or not. These aren't all consumer purchases yet. Give it another couple of days.

Because of Apple's success compared to others in the tablet market Apple's shipments to 3rd-party retailers are sales because payment is contractually guaranteed.

Apple doesn't need to stuff a channel and can demand that if you want our product you have to pay for it up front (or within a specified time). Amazon with their Kindle are probably the only other vendor that could demand this. The reason is simple, retailers know they can move the iPad so there is no need to be weary about accepting a product they might want to return to vendor.
  • Reply 164 of 170
    nairbnairb Posts: 253member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nairb View Post

These sales figures are neither exciting nor interesting. I think they are on par with expectiations.

What I would be really interested in is sales numbers for the iPad2 now the price has been dropped. People who would settle for a new iPad2 are the ones who are more likely to buy an Android tablet but have gone for a "cheaper" iPad instead.

I know one guy in a small tech shop and he says iPad2 sales have been strong since the announcement of iPad3.

Shoot Apple could've announced 5M sold and some would proclaim it no big deal or disappointing.

If you read my post you will see I never used the word disappointing. Rather I said they are on par with expectations.

The market is currently expecting Apple to break their own record with every new iPad / iPhone release. If they failed to break their own record then that would be disappointing.

With the last iPhone, sales were at a record high as expected, but where they king-hit android sales was the very strong sales of older iPhones. That is a king-hit to a strong competitor - android phones. But a king-hit to Android tablets through sales of cheaper iPads could be a knockout blow.
  • Reply 165 of 170
    matrix07matrix07 Posts: 1,993member
    Quote:

Actually I spent less than 2 minutes looking, and a couple more reading the articles. Spelling errors aren't hard to find.

so predictable, just like Google.

Try harder.. You yet to find someone who misspell their own PRODUCT NAME. hey hey. I'm sure internet has everything.
  • Reply 166 of 170
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by matrix07 View Post

so predictable, just like Google.

Try harder.. You yet to find someone who misspell their own PRODUCT NAME. hey hey. I'm sure internet has everything.

I wasn't looking for anyone who misspelled a product name.

Perhaps the sender was simply bragging that he receives a Google Wage. After all they are one of the better paying tech companies, particularly when it comes to engineers.
  • Reply 167 of 170
    matrix07matrix07 Posts: 1,993member
    Quote:

Perhaps the sender was simply bragging that he receives a Google Wage.

It surely got bragged on a lot of websites (mostly with "LOL")
  • Reply 168 of 170
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    I had a problem switching my unlimited account from my iPad2 to the new one, so I went to my local AT&T and they fixed that. Just did a timing test over LTE here in Forest Hills NY.

You'll be interested to know that my download speed was 45,674 kps, and the upload was 13,786 kps.

These are higher speeds than I've seen reported elsewhere.
  • Reply 169 of 170
    tcaseytcasey Posts: 199member
    so that means apple sold 3 mill x at least what 600.00 per average cost of a ipad..being some are 5 and some 700...

whats that 1.8 billion is sales in 3 days roughly...thats pretty amazing...
  • Reply 170 of 170