Thermal test of iPad's A5X chip shows operating temperature of 97 degrees F

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 106
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Relic View Post

Yea your probably right, Appleinsider has become more of a bitch session as of late. Here we have a new Apple toy to play with and the only threads under the iPad part are all negative. I get caught up into to, it's kind of hard not to when there is nothing else happening. Everytime I start a new thread that asks what new things people are doing no one replys and it dies faster then when it was started. I need to find an Apple site where they just discuss how to be more creative with their tablets. Something like XDA but just for Apple would be cool, oh www.hackint0sh.org , I completely forgot about them, their a fun bunch.

You might be interested to learn that this forum was quite a bit more like you're describing a few years ago, and that there has been a decline in the quality of discussion that corresponds to the rise of iOS. That is, we get a lot of posters who aren't particularly "Mac people", or people who aren't at all and seem to take offense that such exist.

You can understand that vehemence in defense of the platform is directly proportional to the intensity and frequency of attacks. If the general vibe is "Apple enthusiast" and there isn't a constant drumbeat of "stupid fanboys must die", it's a lot easier to have a relaxed conversation about shortcomings and stuff we wish Apple would or would not do.

Over the years, members have been pissed off about the Finder, the early state of OS X, machines Apple refused to make (notably the fabled xMac), the ever swelling role of iTunes, Apple's seeming determination to break all their video software, the Great Matte Screen debate, etc. etc.

Many of the membership best equipped to make articulate critiques of Apple's missteps, real or perceived, have moved on, and understandably so. Who wants to talk about stuff you wish Apple would or would not do when the forums are full of people snickering about how Apple users are idiots?
  • Reply 102 of 106
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Quote:

Oh come off it, I'm not taking any chances, My iPad hasn't been turned off more then 20 minutes since I got it last Thursday, I've played games on it for like 4 hours not stop and there were times I had to prop it up on pillows because it was to uncomfortable to hold.

Sorry, but you're not a very reliable witness. Aside from the fact that your posts are full of unending fact-free Apple bashing, you claims in another thread that you could hold the iPad 2 (1.34 pounds) for long periods of time without fatigue but the iPad 3 (1.46 pounds) is just too heavy for you to comfortably hold.

Sorry, I don't believe a word of it.

Quote:

So excuse me if I'm just a little concerned about my new toy. I don't want to be in a situation where I won't have it while I'm in the hospital. It's bad enough I'm fighting this horrible affliction it would be even worse If I didn't have my iPad with me while doing it, your kind of a mean spirited sometimes SolipsismX, oh look those kids are back on you lawn again.

So you'll play the reverse ad-hominem card. We're supposed to respect and honor your silly Apple bashing because you've been sick? Sorry, it doesn't work that way.
  • Reply 103 of 106
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Sorry, but you're not a very reliable witness. Aside from the fact that your posts are full of unending fact-free Apple bashing, you claims in another thread that you could hold the iPad 2 (1.34 pounds) for long periods of time without fatigue but the iPad 3 (1.46 pounds) is just too heavy for you to comfortably hold.

Sorry, I don't believe a word of it.

So you'll play the reverse ad-hominem card. We're supposed to respect and honor your silly Apple bashing because you've been sick? Sorry, it doesn't work that way.

The only time I go off on the iPad, is in response to people bashing my choice to own a Android tablet or when individuals take their iPad way to seriously. I just don't come out of the blue and say Apple sucks Android rules. No it has always been in a reply to someone who obviously had never used such a device, then others jump in so I have to continue to protect my choices, then you always seem to show up at the end and further crap in my pot by labeling me a liar and Apple hater. It is you who is the problem here Mr. not me.

If you've recalled any of my other posts you would also know that I own more Apple products then, I would dare say 80% of you that reside on this board. I haven't been hanging around Macbook, Apple TV, Mac Mini, iMac, OSX, forums lately because if you kind of noticed I am on Mobile kick right now.

If I didn't like the damn products I wouldn't have bought them nor would I be here right now putting up with you. What's infuriating though is most of you say your tired of all this Apple bashing but then that's all that ever happens around here.

Now I'm sorry if I get a little to pro Android or any other mark beside Apple, it's because I'm a huge buff of all things tech, especially mobile. I would love it if Apple made the perfect mobile device then it would save me thousands of dollars in searching for that holy grail.

Now this is a thread about the heat issue, I don't know if it's much of an issue and in my posts I've said just that. The iPad does get a little uncomfortable because I have been playing with it the entire day. I also said I don't care and I wouldn't give it up for the older model, the speed and awesome monitor more then makes up or it. The weight thing, "I don't think I can believe what your saying", screw you, is it not heavier, is it not thicker. Yes, I can no longer hold it with one hand for as long as I was able to hold the iPad 2, fact, you can't call me a lier when it's my own damn body. Those extra grams did make a difference and I am not the only one apparently as their is a thread about that here and every other Apple site that I have been to including Apples own forums. Though I've been spending a lot of time on the internet these past few days I didn't start those threads no but me I'm the lier. Again though I said I don't care as the good out ways the bad. I'm just participating in a discussion as there seems to be no thread at the moment about how incredible the new iPad is, there just all negative.

What is it with these personal attacks anyway, you don't know me and if you did I know you would be ashamed of your self right now. Read this very carefully, it's a f*cken computer, a inanimate object, no pulse sold by a company that would rather see you dead then to acknowledge your existence, you are nothing but a statistic on their bottom line.

Stop being so mean and full of yourself, I get it Apple can do no wrong. I'm moving on.
  • Reply 104 of 106
    Purchase Whisker Straighteners Keep Online,100% Ensure GHD Fraction Straighteners,CHI Collapsed Irons,Babyliss Straighteners Hot Sale,Penurious Figure Delivered Shipping &Fast Transport,Agreeable Order!

ghd sale

ghd straighteners

chi straighteners
  • Reply 105 of 106
    Allow Hair Straighteners Co-op give credence to Online,100% Guarantee GHD Whisker Straighteners,CHI Reclining Irons,Babyliss Straighteners Hot Purchase,Cheap Payment Above Shipping &Fast Performance,Hail Order!

ghd sale

ghd straighteners

chi straighteners