iPhone Adultry

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Sure the iPhone is great but I'm sure a lot of you have a secret crush on another phone or perhaps even own one that you haven't introduced yet to your iPhone. So I've created a secret adultery thread that we can all confess on. I'll start;

Ever since I laid my eyes on those sexy lines I knew I had to become more acquainted with it. I'm talking about the formidable white Nokia N9 64GB. After a month of tossing and turning I finally said screw it and bought one. Yes sure the OS was dead the moment it was released but it's also the best Mobile OS I have ever used. Meegos is based off of Debian Linux, two words that had me at D. The phone hardware is also absolutely gorgeous and would defiantly give the iPhone a run for it's money in a beauty contest.

Silly adjectives aside the phone really is something special. Its incredibly fast for a single core CPU, heck it's fast for a dual core CPU. i have yet to see any slowdown or lag on the OS. There is also a new dual boot option for Android 4.03 and Meego, this phone will be around for a very long time to come, I did well for buying one. The community behind this phone is the most incredible bunch of people. Nokia said this phone was a one off, just a proof of concept, no more will ever be made. The N9 community said then we'll make it last by creating one of the largest independent development groups I have ever seen.

Although the N9 is just a phone it's also a fun toy and a great weekend project for any would be developer. If you are able to get your hands on one of these extremely rare phones I promise you will not not be disappointed. I do have to warn you, it will make you very angry, you will curse the name Nokia because they decide to go with Microsoft's OS and not with this incredibly elegant, fast, beautiful, powerful, full multitasking awesome OS.

So which phone do you have the hots for, I promise I won't tell anybody.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    The two phones I can confess to being attracted by are the Galaxy Note and the Sony Xperia S. unfortunately, they both run Android, so I will not be getting either.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

The two phones I can confess to being attracted by are the Galaxy Note and the Sony Xperia S. unfortunately, they both run Android, so I will not be getting either.

Yea there is something something elegant about the Sony isn't there:

I can see why you wouldn't want a phone based off of Android 2.3x but the new 4.03 is quite impressive. It is now much better looking, faster and more stable. There isn't a feature that is missing that iOS has and now with the inclusion of folders for the home screen it makes for one heck of a OS.

Each to his own though, I'm actually looking forward to when Android phones will start using the new Linux Kernel 3.3, it includes the Android kernel built in so you could use a normal Gnome desktop that is able to run standard Linux programs and Android. Which means when docked the phone could be used as a desktop computer.

The phone could have the entire Android SDK kit installed to develop apps with and then you can test them out on the same phone when you dedock it and are in phone mode.

I have a Freescale development box that I use Debian for ARM on and I have been wanting a phone that is both desktop machine and phone for a long time.