Google's Larry Page thinks Steve Jobs's hatred of Android was 'for show'

Comments

• Reply 101 of 137
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dave K. View Post

Interesting discussion... Can someone answer the following questions:

1. Did the biography discuss why Jobs was so trusting of Eric Schmidt in the first place? Google purchased Android in 2005. Did Jobs really think that Google wasn't going to do anything with the platform?

2. How much access did Schmidt have to the original iPhone? Did he have access to the source code for iOS/XCODE along with the hardware technical specifications? Lots and lots go into making these smart phones, did Schmidt have full access to everything that Apple created/invented with the iPhone? If he did, is that standard practice in companies to give board members that level of access?

3. It was rumored that Jobs hid the iPad development from Schmidt... At what point in time, did Jobs no longer trust Schmidt? Was that discussed in the biography?

Thanks!

http://www.amazon.com/Steve-Jobs-Wal.../dp/1451648537
  • Reply 102 of 137
    majjomajjo Posts: 574member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

I own a Samsung home theatre system (broken sitting in garage), Samsung refrigerator (broken sitting in garage), Samsung washing machine (broken leaking water in laundry), a Samsung galaxy Nexus, a Samsung 42" plasma TV and I can state quite categorically that most of it is shit that doesn't last.

I have more Samsung stuff than Apple stuff and that is how I KNOW how shit they are.

Is that the sort of thing you mean?

No, you kinda missed the point. What you did was pretty much opposite of what I mean.

You're using your experience with Samsung products to justify your claim that they're shit.

What I'm saying is that they're listing their Apple products to indicate that they didn't register on this site just to troll.

oh FYI, your Apple stuff contains quite a bit of Samsung stuff
  • Reply 103 of 137
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by majjo View Post

oh FYI, your Apple stuff contains quite a bit of Samsung stuff

With quality control done by Apple.
  • Reply 104 of 137
    iqatedoiqatedo Posts: 1,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Google co-founder and Chief Executive Larry Page... feels Jobs demonstrated ire "for show" to rally his employees at Apple.

I do not believe this either. Self-serving statement at the expense of a deceased mentor, how's that for nasty!
  • Reply 105 of 137
    Quote:

With quality control done by Apple.

Not likely. Apple does zero manufacturing.

The QC is provided by Foxcon et. al.
  • Reply 106 of 137
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by I am a Zither Zather Zuzz View Post

Apple provides the specifications of what they want, then work with them to help them achieve that.

If it's not up to scratch they reject it.

Foxconn wasn't rejecting the iPad screens LG and Sharp were making, Apple was until the quality was acceptable.
  • Reply 107 of 137
    iqatedoiqatedo Posts: 1,823member
    Quote:

Apple provides the specifications of what they want, then work with them to help them achieve that...

... and it is so much more that even that. To say that Apple doesn't do manufacturing would be banal, i.e., at the level of many if not most, of the trolling posts.
  • Reply 108 of 137
    realisticrealistic Posts: 1,154member
    Obviously Larry has his own RDF.
  • Reply 109 of 137
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by I am a Zither Zather Zuzz View Post

Apple sets the QC standards that Foxconn's et. al. manufacturing processes must meet.
  • Reply 110 of 137
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Realistic View Post

Obviously Larry has his own RDF.

RIF, you mean.

Reality Ignoring Field.
  • Reply 111 of 137
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

RIF, you mean.

Reality Ignoring Field.

That works too. lol
  • Reply 112 of 137
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FriedLobster View Post

SHUT THE HELL UP YOU HORSE TOOTH JACKASS!

LOL. Which one is Larry?

(I know they're both photos of Larry)
  • Reply 113 of 137
    He sounds as stupid as he looks..

Page says that Steve Jobs invited

Steve Jobs did not invite him, Page wanted to meet Steve Jobs.. Jobs agreed to meet with Page in spite of his anger at Google, because he remembered how Hewlett had helped him in his younger days, so he wanted to give it forward..

Pages statement "You don't want to be looking at your competitors. You want to be looking at what's possible and how to make the world better." is filmy and wud have won the razzie for worst dialogue..
  • Reply 114 of 137
    souliisoulsouliisoul Posts: 827member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by open-minded View Post

Wow, you guys are seriously being mature about this eh. Here's a fun fact...IT'S A PHONE. Who cares what you use compared to what other people use? It's a piece of technology, not a lifeline. Yes, it is important to people who use it every day of their lives, but why do you guys care so much about defending Apple? Did Apple do anything for you? Are they paying you? Do you work for Apple at an executive level where you feel the need to defend them so much? No, didn't think so. You already know Apple has stolen a few ideas from Android as well, an example being notifications and the swipe down notification center. That's a BLATANT Android rip-off, but you will say "they took it and make it better". You are blind about the "they took it" part.

BTW, ditched my 3GS yesterday and got a Galaxy Note, this thing is off the charts good. All of my family has iPhone 4s's and they are GARBAGE compared to this bad boy.

Yes I have apple shares for last 12 years, so I very defending of Apple innovation, especially when it affects my retirement plan! does that answer your question.

BTW: Do you have BIG pockets to carry that tablet/phone around, since its size is so bloody problematic, if you do not want to carry a bag. Also Yeah iPhone 4s is garbage, very open-minded in your evaluation.
  • Reply 115 of 137
    technarchytechnarchy Posts: 296member
    I wish Steve were alive to reply.

It would be a legendary retort.
  • Reply 116 of 137
    uguysrnutsuguysrnuts Posts: 459member
    Because Google has lost its credibility, that's why. The company has not done anything substantial of late to appear otherwise.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by orthorim View Post

Why all the hate? Larry Page is cool - let's hope he can turn that ship around now. Come on he co-invented Google search, let's give him some credit for that. Steve Jobs must have thought pretty highly of him too, to talk to him.

Since then Google has become evil, true, and they stole the UI from the iPhone. But you also have to give them credit for being able to pull it off where others simply failed (BB, Symbian).

G+ is crap, sadly...

• Reply 117 of 137
    tcaseytcasey Posts: 199member
    Yeah steve jobs thought it was real funny that you stole he's hard work and decided to give it away for free to f*ck him..

Can't re-write history.
  • Reply 118 of 137
    tcaseytcasey Posts: 199member
    Maybe buying motorola for 12.5 billion and getting short chnaged is karma for stealing ios.
  • Reply 119 of 137
    caliminiuscaliminius Posts: 944member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MGLeet View Post

If you disagree with someone, disagree with them and give reasons why. But don't justify that disagreement by saying that you don't hate other things. If your reasons for disagreement are legitimate and well reasoned, we don't need a list of products that you've owned to know that you aren't a Google fanboy.

You clearly haven't been here long. If you say anything positive about Apple's competitors (real or imagined), you're highly likely to be called a fanboy or paid shill of said competitor.

---

As to the rest of the comments...thanks for not disappointing me and writing so many asshole comments. Attacking the way he looks. That's certainly mature and rational. I'm guessing everyone posting those comments has appeared on the cover of GQ or Vanity Fair. Truth is Jobs was just as much a liar and conman as any other corporate exec. The difference being people here chose to believe the BS he spewed.
  • Reply 120 of 137
    You got a class Larry calling a man liar after he is dead. Have some respect.