Car Stereo - iLid

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
This is the iPod, for your CAR! I reckon this would be a great idea as drivers can listen to their stereo when they're on the move - non stop -throughout their journey! It can hold 5,000 songs and, like the iPod, simply plugs into your Mac and all of your iTunes songs and playlists are automatically downloaded into the stunning, lightweight fascia at blazing FireWire speed!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Good idear, but you have to own a computer in order to use this device. I doubt that the car maker will put an audio device who need a special sort of computer in order to feed it with musical songs.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    May I ask where the name comes from? Just curious.

J :cool:
  • Reply 3 of 11
    philbotphilbot Posts: 240member
    I already use my iPod in my car - with a cassette adapter. The pod sounds great, and when I get where I'm going I take it with me.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    ipoding.com just posted this on saturday:

"Apple and Volkswagen iPod partnership

iPodlounger, Ryan S. writes us with news of an interesting partnership between Apple and Volkswagen involving an iPod and more. We are verifying the news and will be posting an update with URL soon:

"Volkswagen and Apple have teamed up in 2003. VW will offer 3 different promo packages for their Jetta line and one of them is bundledÂ* w/ an Apple iPod and has a Harmon Kardon sound system. The car has a center console docking station for the iPod MP3 player and the stereo has FM and MP3CD/CD player.

cool, heh? i never would have thought apple and vw, out of all car companies, would join 2gehter. maybe mercedes or bmw would have been a better choice, since so many macheads like to compare these companies' market share stats against each other.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    oops. typo. ipodlounge.com posted this, not ipoding.com
  • Reply 6 of 11
    prestonpreston Posts: 219member
    vw is the ONLY car company that would make a good partner for apple. Mercs look like shit and Bimmer drivers are assholes. VWs are the only cars cheeky enough for an apple partnership. BTW is this substantiated!?!?
  • Reply 7 of 11
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    I've always seen strong parrallels between Apple and VW....mainly cause the user base for VW is primarily(or was) hippies and trendy young adults and just about every VW owner I'd ever met(up until about 98 or whenever the new jetta and passats and all that came about)eitehr used Macs or Liked them(but couldn't use them for etraneous circumstances)
  • Reply 8 of 11
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    The iPod is already the iPod for your car...or your laptop.

VW is the only company that could partner with Apple? Are you joking? Why limit yourself to VW, Audi, Rolls Royce and Porsche when you can get BMW, Land Rover, Bentley? What about DaimlerChrysler with Mercedes-Benz, Maybach, Unimog

or Jaguar (Ford,) Lexus, Infiniti, Acura...or practically any other company. I don't think VW's the only company with hip cars. They are one of the only companies with hip advertising though.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    [quote]Originally posted by Eugene:

<strong>The iPod is already the iPod for your car...or your laptop.

VW is the only company that could partner with Apple? Are you joking? Why limit yourself to VW, Audi, Rolls Royce and Porsche when you can get BMW, Land Rover, Bentley? What about DaimlerChrysler with Mercedes-Benz, Maybach, Unimog

or Jaguar (Ford,) Lexus, Infiniti, Acura...or practically any other company. I don't think VW's the only company with hip cars. They are one of the only companies with hip advertising though.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Limiting to one car company was never the point... VW is the only car company that caters to the creative inspiration of the individual. Hence the name volkswagen... its car of/for the people. The wolfsburg edition jetta... Wolfsburg is a guy who had input on the car if you saw the commercials when the model first came out. Anyway I think I've pointed out clearly enough that Apple and VW have similar mottos so to speak. I personally would really like a VW GTI... those things are fast, roomy, good looking with great clean lines, and they are cheap for what you get. Quality cars I hear although I've never owned one and I've heard the GTI could use a suspension tweaking... but that's another story... later

[edit]

also could you imagine dodge promoting the ipod with aerosmith! makes me wanna dry heave :eek:

[ 04-08-2002: Message edited by: neovirusnine ]</p>
  • Reply 10 of 11
    spartspart Posts: 2,060member
    I want a Unimog....run over a freaking Ford Excursion....
  • Reply 11 of 11
    o.t. sorry..

first: Wolfsburg is a town in Germany, VW has its main production facility there.

Thre was no guy named Wolfsburg. Overhere in europe you can also buy VW models that come in a Wolfburgs edition.

Secondly VW in its present shape was started after WWII with a model (the first beetle) that was basically designed by Hitlers engineers before WWII. It was not started as a company that makes cars for hippies..no way. In the war a lot of people were forced to work in the VW plants...

I just wanted to set the record straight.

Its cool that Apple teams up with VW, but some other brands are ok with me too..

[ 04-09-2002: Message edited by: mk1rvenge ]</p>