Biographer says Steve Jobs was legitimately infuriated by Android

1356715

Comments

  • damensdamens Posts: 35member
    Page - one of history's great revisionists. I'm just awaiting his tales of how the Nazis were the misunderstood "good guys" in a certain World War ...
  • suddenly newtonsuddenly newton Posts: 13,052member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DrDoppio View Post


    Have a second look then.



    You're right. On second look, it's obvious that it's a big coincidence that the post 2007-Android looks and acts like the iPhone.
  • drdoppiodrdoppio Posts: 1,132member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nunyabinez View Post


    Isaacson wasn't basing his statement off of his technical knowledge of mobile operating systems, he was paraphrasing what Steve Jobs said to him. And the whole point of this most recent squabble is not the validity of the claims that Android ripped-off iOS, but that SJ was doing it for show. Isaacson was simply pointing out that right or wrong, SJ was truly pissed of and that he (SJ) believed that it was a wholesale copy. What you are asking for is for SJ to explain why he believed that he got ripped-off (and I believe that he really thought that), but unless you have a Ouija Board all you're going to get is Isaacson's report of how sincerely upset SJ was.



    Isaacson is using the situation to promote his book. Of course he'd claim Steve Jobs said that to him. It doesn't mean he knew whether it was just for show, or genuine.
  • drdoppiodrdoppio Posts: 1,132member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post


    You're right. On second look, it's obvious that it's a big coincidence that the post 2007-Android looks and acts like the iPhone.



    No one said it was a coincidence.
  • matrix07matrix07 Posts: 1,993member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hellacool View Post


    Only the important ones.



    Not much then.
  • sflocalsflocal Posts: 3,418member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hellacool View Post


    Only the important ones.



    He meant not including you.
  • timboramatimborama Posts: 5member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DrDoppio View Post


    We've had this argument a thousand times already; just look up the "Post hoc ergo propter hoc" logical fallacy.



    Thanks Sheldon.
  • emig647emig647 Posts: 2,344member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DrDoppio View Post


    Isaacson is using the situation to promote his book. Of course he'd claim Steve Jobs said that to him. It doesn't mean he knew whether it was just for show, or genuine.



    Straight up. You're a moron if you think SJ wasn't pissed about the total rip off. Go away troll. No one wants to hear your erratic ramblings. This isn't a discussion about "verbatim", it isn't a discussion about a book being sold, this is about SJ & Apple being upset over copying. If you can't see that then I doubt you can see the forest through the trees either.



    /ignore
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post




    After hearing Page's interpretation of Jobs's words, Isaacson spoke out this week in a speech at the Royal institution of Great Britain. Isaacson said he felt that Android had ripped off many of his ideas found in the iPhone and iPad, and that his ire was very real, according to Macworld.







    Isaacson has every reason to claim that his work is accurate and that he was not fooled or conned by Steve.



    Isaacson could not possibly have fallen for Steve's RDF? Naw. Impossible.
  • drdoppiodrdoppio Posts: 1,132member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by emig647 View Post


    Straight up. You're a moron if you think SJ wasn't pissed about the total rip off. Go away troll. No one wants to hear your erratic ramblings. This isn't a discussion about "verbatim", it isn't a discussion about a book being sold, this is about SJ & Apple being upset over copying. If you can't see that then I doubt you can see the forest through the trees either.



    /ignore



    Of course he was pissed off, but was it a rip-off? He was pissed at losing a potential monopoly. It's all about money, not about honor.
  • hellacoolhellacool Posts: 759member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by matrix07 View Post


    Not much then.



    I am willing to bet more cheered for ol Stevo's demise than those that cried.



    Sent from my Android phone using the operating systems Steve failed to stop to his dying breath.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by iSheldon View Post


    If it's so ovbious a cut and dry rip-off then why hasn't it been stopped and ordered to cease and desist already?



    Because in Thermonuclear War, you target your enemy's allies and trading partners with minor, ineffective tactics? The thing is that when you decide to use Weapons of Mass Destruction, your best bet is to start off slow, and to not use them, and to not go after your main enemy.



    Thermonuclear War is NOT a process of sudden massive destruction. It is a slow, drip drip drip where you target the enemy's allies with minor skirmishes.



    Everybody knows that.



    /s
  • ktappektappe Posts: 646member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DrDoppio View Post


    Apple should sue then.



    Coming back to my original comment, I contested specifically the word verbatim.



    After the fact you did, because you wanted to cling to your tenuous arguing point.

    Quote:

    I'm not interested in getting sucked deeper in yet another general "Android was stolen" discussion.



    Really? Because you created exactly that type of "discussion." Further, your one-word replies show you are only interested in trolling, not an actual, you know, discussion.
  • hellacoolhellacool Posts: 759member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sflocal View Post


    He meant not including you.



    Would be a bit hard to cry when you are dead, just pointing that out.
  • drdoppiodrdoppio Posts: 1,132member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ktappe View Post


    After the fact you did, because you wanted to cling to your tenuous arguing point.





    Really? Because you created exactly that type of "discussion." Further, your one-word replies show you are only interested in trolling, not an actual, you know, discussion.



    The number of words is directly proportional to the value of the comment. /s
  • matrix07matrix07 Posts: 1,993member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hellacool View Post


    I am willing to bet more cheered for ol Stevo's demise than those that cried.



    Sent from my Android phone using the operating systems Steve failed to stop to his dying breath.



    Hmm.. All I see is his picture in every covers but who knows.. May be there's just too many people like you crawling around.
  • hellacoolhellacool Posts: 759member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by I am a Zither Zather Zuzz View Post


    Because in Thermonuclear War, you target your enemy's allies and trading partners with minor, ineffective tactics? The thing is that when you decide to use Weapons of Mass Destruction, your best bet is to start off slow, and to not use them, and to not go after your main enemy.



    Everybody knows that.



    /s



    Neither strategy worked for Steve'o, if you haven't noticed, he is no longer with us.



    No one else see the irony in SJ's statements?
  • hellacoolhellacool Posts: 759member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by matrix07 View Post


    Hmm.. All I see is his picture in every covers but who knows.. May be there's just too many people like you crawling around.



    Atleast I can crawl, Steve, not so much.
  • mjtomlinmjtomlin Posts: 1,539member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DrDoppio View Post


    *cough



    verbatim



    *cough



    almost



    He wasn't talking about code, but rather the style of the hardware and the user interface. You would have to be blind not to notice the sea change in the mobile industry after Apple unveiled the iPhone.



    Sorry, but after the iPhone Google did shift Android in a different direction towards a touch-based, keyboard-less-important UI. There is no arguing that point... It was obvious after the release of the G1, which only had half-baked touch support, almost two years after Apple showed the iPhone to the world.
  • matrix07matrix07 Posts: 1,993member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hellacool View Post


    Atleast I can crawl, Steve, not so much.



    Sure. I bet that's the only thing you did.
Sign In or Register to comment.