HTC profits collapse 70% in face of competition from Apple, Samsung

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 113
    island hermitisland hermit Posts: 6,217member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by uguysrnuts View Post

As you already probably know, there exist a breed of Apple owners that are worst detractors of Apple than genuine Apple haters (those that do not own or would not be caught with an Apple product).

It's pathological; but hey, to each his or her own.

Funny you should mention that... I've been called a troll on here a couple of times... plus I've been lambasted a few times for not praying at the Apple altar.
  • Reply 102 of 113
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Well, hardly ever defended, at least. They're mentioned, all right.

Say, now? ?seems there AREN'T any Apple fans wasting their time trolling Android forums. How odd, eh?

I wouldn't know.
  • Reply 103 of 113
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by uguysrnuts View Post

I was going to comment on your comment, but then I caught myself.

I have as much chance of convincing you as you convincing me (iPhone vs. Note).

So in the end, we can simply just agree to disagree.

Convince me of what? I was a happy iPhone user until I found something better, in my opinion. I have a iPad, iMac, Mac Mini, Macbook Air and Apple TV...I'm not anti Apple at all so not sure what you are talking about...
  • Reply 104 of 113
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Relic View Post

Plus I've said this before, it's only Apples mobile line that I have a problem with. The rest is just peachy in my book.

I'm kind of the same way although I own an iPad. I'm quite pissed that they released the Personal Hotspot for the new iPad but not for the iPad 2, that's just a shitty thing to do!
  • Reply 105 of 113
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Relic View Post

Thank you for your reply, that sounds really amazing. It's kind of strange that company's buy iPhones, I mean you need a multimedia player installed to sync with Hotmail. I hope Apple drops the whole iTunes thing and just allows an iPhone to be mounted as a regular drive.

Not strange at all really as many useful apps for companies on the iPhone i.e. Salesforce etc.
  • Reply 106 of 113
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

I know that I don't go to Android forums to learn more about my Apple products. ... and I think it would be sad and pathetic if I went to an Android forum to brag about my iPhone... and totally fucked up if I went to an android forum to actually argue the iPhone's attributes. Oddly enough, though, Android fans find it totally acceptable to come here to tell us all about their Note or OneX or whatever, brag about it and argue Android's merits to their hearts content.

To each his own I guess. Not sure what they are trying to accomplish.

I still think AI pays them to come here.

Umm...isn't the title of this thread regarding HTC? Maybe thats a clue for you....
  • Reply 107 of 113
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fredaroony View Post

Umm...isn't the title of this thread regarding HTC? Maybe thats a clue for you....

I don't give a shit what the titles are on an Android forum... I'd have to be nuts to go over there and discuss Apple products.

By the way... the title is about HTC's loss of profits due to competition from Apple and Samsung.
  • Reply 108 of 113
    Quote:

I don't give a shit what the titles are on an Android forum... I'd have to be nuts to go over there and discuss Apple products.

Jeesh, the title of THIS thread!
  • Reply 109 of 113
    Quote:

Jeesh, the title of THIS thread!

... and I'm saying that I wouldn't go over to an Android forum regardless of what titles were on their threads... so why the hell do Android fans come over here.

My guess... they're nuts.

... and, yes, I was wrong to include your OneX... it is an HTC device. You'll notice that I didn't go after you for posting about it. You gave a clear indication of why it suited you, BUT at the same time you took a dig at the iPhone which was totally unnecessary to your point... the one about the iPhone looking old fashioned. Myself... I think the OneX looks cheap. See... looks are deceiving on both counts.

My second sentence should have clued you into the fact that I knew which thread you were discussing.
  • Reply 110 of 113
    fredaroonyfredaroony Posts: 619member
    Quote:

... and I'm saying that I wouldn't go over to an Android forum regardless of what titles were on their threads... so why the hell do Android fans come over here.

... and, yes, I was wrong to include your OneX... it is an HTC device. You'll notice that I didn't go after you for posting about it. You gave a clear indication of why it suited you, BUT at the same time you took a dig at the iPhone which was totally unnecessary to your point... the one about the iPhone looking old fashioned. Myself... I think the OneX looks cheap. See... looks are deceiving on both counts.

My second sentence should have clued you into the fact that I knew which thread you were discussing.

Have you actually seen a One X in person? The iPhone design, while great two years ago, is starting to look dated now. I'm sure the next one will be awesome though but for now the One X has leap frogged it, in my opinion.
  • Reply 111 of 113
    uguysrnutsuguysrnuts Posts: 459member
    Nothing, obviously.

Quote:

Convince me of what?

• Reply 112 of 113
    uguysrnutsuguysrnuts Posts: 459member
    You know, if Google want to double their market cap, I believe their killer app would be to develop an ad analytics system that does not depend solely on site traffic. The goal, or benefit, is websites can truly moderate posts for relevance rather than simply encouraging or instigating adversarial exchanges for the sake of traffic for traffic's sake. The benefit for advertisers is more accurate data.

Or perhaps AI should just be renamed The Android/AppleInsider. This way, there is no confusion as to what this forum is for. Then we can just happily contradict one another on and on and it would make perfect sense.

Quote:

• Reply 113 of 113
    Quote:

Have you actually seen a One X in person? The iPhone design, while great two years ago, is starting to look dated now. I'm sure the next one will be awesome though but for now the One X has leap frogged it, in my opinion.

I guess you didn't get my point... which is that looks can be deceiving.

I can honestly say that the 4S does not look dated to me. To me it looks like a solid well built phone. To me it's a classic. ... but, yes, if Apple makes a larger screened phone it will attract an even wider audience. A lot of people do like a larger screen, as long as it doesn't come with too much added bulk.

My company Blackberry Pearl... now that looks dated... but it's still well built.