Printer does not work after installing OS 10.1

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I need help....I have a G4 Cube with 1.5 gig of Ram I have OS 9.2.2 and I installed OS 10.1.3 on it. The printer is a Epson printer is a 740i It works fine in OS X but it does not print in OS 9.2.2 It shows the printer in the chooser but when I choose it, it won't let me. In fact, It does not show a usb port.Please someone help me Im going crazy about this !! Thanks

[ 10-01-2002: Message edited by: Me and my son ]

[ 10-02-2002: Message edited by: Me and my son ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    not sure if you've already done this, but have you gone to Epson's page and downloaded the latest OS9 drivers for your printer? if so, have you run all of the system updates from the software updater?

either one could do it for you pretty quick. apple has some updates to their USB drivers, and the Epson drivers you're looking for are <a href="http://support.epson.com/hardware/printer/inkjet/sc740i/index.html"; target="_blank">here</a>

with the epson drivers, make sure you install the bottom one on the list first.

it's a little ass backwards, but necessary.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Thanks, But I did this and nothing works,I have the same set up in an Apple ibook and it works perfect. I just don't understand why it won't work on my cube !!
  • Reply 3 of 3
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    when you say it prints fine in OSX but not in 9.2.2, do you mean in classic mode, or when you've booted into 9.2.2?

also, if you've got iChat, you might want to go to the appleinsider chat room. i could help you out much faster that way.