no drag

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
i can't drag. example: i have some things in the dock which i'd like to remove (non-running programs). i click, hold, move the mouse away, and release. immediately after moving the mouse, the icon deselects (and always remains in dock). also, in the finder, i can't drag file/folders around. i tried copying a folder by option-drag, and it deselected after moving the mouse (just like what now happens with the dock). i know i'm holding the button down, i've had the fvcking mouse for like 5 years and i know how to use it. anyone have any ideas? the mouse can stay down, for the right-click type shits. example: i click 'n' wait on the trash, and a menu pops up and says "empty trash". and, while holding, i can go thru the menu items, and they work. the only problem seems to be dragging files/folders/dock-aliases. anyone know what i can do? note: this is just minutes after a fresh archive 'n' install of jaguar. actually, just after the reboot from the installer is when i noticed it. pls help.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    best I can think of: universal access problems. Did you fool around with that pref pane? in any case, check there, fool around now with some of those settings, and so on...
  • Reply 2 of 4
    airslufairsluf Posts: 1,861member
  • Reply 3 of 4
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    actually fellas, i chked out macosx discussions at apple and it turns out its a pram problem. resetting the pram (waiting for 3 extra chimes holding command-option-p-r on restart) worked. dont know what caused it tho. thx for the attempted help anyway.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    This happened right after I installed the new OmniWeb...