Official NAB 2012 thread

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Ok color me pink! This NAB 2012 is already shaping up to be a watershed moment for video cameras.

4k recording has now poised to become somewhat affordable. Please feel free to post any tidbits of information you find. Notably new stuff announced:

Blackmagic Design announces their first camera!

2.5k RAW ( 2432 x 1366 ) recording to SSD

EF and ZF lens mount

$3000

Sample Footage from John Brawley

Their website is down (probably being barraged) . They've announced a lot of new Thunderbolt

stuff as well.

RED

More info on RedRay the 4k playback tool. It's going to be able to playback 4k video on up to 120 fps. This will require FOUR HDMI connections. Wow.

RED is also going to talk about a new RED Projector that can cast a 4k picture up on a 15' screen. Projected (pun intended) be be less than 10 thousand dollars I suppose we'll see many a Home Theater move into the 4k realm with such a projector if the lumens output is ideal.

Canon 4k DSLR

The EOS 1D C was announced and it supports 4k video recording signifying Canon's aggressive stance on DSLR video. They also announced a 4k display aimed at Professionals price is TBA I believe. The EOS 1D is supposed to be roughly $15 thousand dollars.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,423member
    AJA

Ki Pro Quad

AJA Video Systems announced Ki Pro Quad, a new solid-state portable video recorder at NAB Show 2012. Ki Pro Quad is capable of capturing high-quality edit-ready files in formats including 4K (4096 x 2160), Quad HD (3840 x 2160), 2K (2048 x 1080), and HD (1920 x 1080), for the fastest path from camera-to-editorial with 10-bit 4:4:4 and 10-bit 4:2:2 color support.

Autodesk

Smoke 2013 grows into a full fledged editor

http://usa.autodesk.com/smoke-for-mac/
  • Reply 2 of 3
    mike fixmike fix Posts: 270member

APPLE

Surrenders pro market to PC makers.

• Reply 3 of 3

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Fix View Post

APPLE

Surrenders pro market to PC makers.