-24.94 today

Posted:
in AAPL Investors edited January 2014
Is there something wrong in the world of Apple today?

Or are investers dumping stock when high and reinvesting to make lots of $$$$ when Apple announcing it big earnings?

What do you all think?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmfett View Post

Is there something wrong in the world of Apple today?

Or are investers dumping stock when high and reinvesting to make lots of $$$$ when Apple announcing it big earnings?

What do you all think?

dump and rebuy
  • Reply 2 of 6
    dmfettdmfett Posts: 141member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post

dump and rebuy

Looks like someone is going to make a lot of $$$ if your right...
  • Reply 3 of 6
    godzillagodzilla Posts: 156member
    Not a good time to dump right now, unless you're willing to take the chance that earnings will go over "poorly" to Wall Street. They're about $65 off their highs right now.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    dmfettdmfett Posts: 141member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post

Not a good time to dump right now, unless you're willing to take the chance that earnings will go over "poorly" to Wall Street. They're about $65 off their highs right now.

I was thinking that dump & buy was the thing going on as I have seen this happen since I got into Apple at $13.00...at every 100 move up and down then to the next milestone...people do not want to see Apple do good...I do as I am in for the long haul and I see $1000 by the end of the summer...It should be even higher than $1000, around 1800-2000...but wall street will see that its a long journey to there...
  • Reply 5 of 6
    godzillagodzilla Posts: 156member
    Yeah, it'll get there, the long term is still and will be intact for some time. Dump and buy usually doesn't work out well with AAPL.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    At least right now, that $25+/- drop looks like it was a decent buying opportunity. Or at least a decent chance to have bought some $600 calls - just like when AAPL sold off last year. Whenever a stock has a parabolic rise, sooner or later, it will sell off. But (IMO) AAPL sold off too much/too quickly. So the correction got "corrected".

Since nothing has fundamentally changed, I don't sense a problem. Stocks go up. Stocks go down. This was primarily an issue for traders and short term investors.