Verizon iPad 3 overseas

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
Hey guys,

I am taking a trip to Italy in a few days and from what I have read the AT&T iPad is better for travelling. I bought the Verizon iPad 3. I chose Verizon because in my area they have better coverage than ATT can offer and I dont travel over seas a lot.

However, now that I am going to be travelling I am wondering about the details. A quick google search didn't turn up anything immediately useful. Just curious do any of you have experience with Verizon iPad abroad?

Thanks

-A

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    venerablevenerable Posts: 108member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by alkrantz View Post

Hey guys,

I am taking a trip to Italy in a few days and from what I have read the AT&T iPad is better for travelling. I bought the Verizon iPad 3. I chose Verizon because in my area they have better coverage than ATT can offer and I dont travel over seas a lot.

However, now that I am going to be travelling I am wondering about the details. A quick google search didn't turn up anything immediately useful. Just curious do any of you have experience with Verizon iPad abroad?

Thanks

-A

Either version (AT&T or Verizon) will work with a local GSM microSIM when traveling outside the US.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Venerable View Post

Either version (AT&T or Verizon) will work with a local GSM microSIM when traveling outside the US.

Thanks. I already have the Verizon version. What I am asking specifically is if anyone has experience using them abroad.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    venerablevenerable Posts: 108member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by alkrantz View Post

Thanks. I already have the Verizon version. What I am asking specifically is if anyone has experience using them abroad.

I've used the previous generation AT&T abroad (various parts of Europe, but not Italy). It should be easier now that the iPad has been released pretty much everywhere (or soon will be).

For Italy, according to this site there are 4 carriers, Tre, Tim, Wind and Vodafone:

http://www.ipadsitaly.com/buying-a-s...ipad-in-italy/
  • Reply 4 of 4

Hi, I am traveling to Italy with my iPad 3 from Verizon and I wondered how you made out.  What carrier did you use and did you have to pay for a lot of data to use the iPad?

Hope you had a good trip!