OS 10.2 JAGUAR Serious Issues!!!! Need Help!!!!

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I just got Jag today and it seems like every 15 minutes I get logged out for no reason. It doesn't make sense. My system is just a stock iMac 800 15".

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    robsterrobster Posts: 256member
    [quote]Originally posted by G4Dude:

<strong>I just got Jag today and it seems like every 15 minutes I get logged out for no reason. It doesn't make sense. My system is just a stock iMac 800 15".</strong><hr></blockquote>

I had similar problems, the fix was trash the finder preferences file...

it's in ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.finder.plist

Delete then reboot or logout/in

Hope this helps
  • Reply 2 of 9
    g4dudeg4dude Posts: 1,016member
    Unfortunately it didn't help. Anyone else have advice?
  • Reply 3 of 9
    noahjnoahj Posts: 4,503member

<strong>Unfortunately it didn't help. Anyone else have advice?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Not to be too obvious, but have you called apple? If your Mac is brand new, then support is free and only a phone call away...

Also, have you installed anything new onto it? Give a list. It might help people to help you. Including Apple suport.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    [quote]Originally posted by NoahJ:

<strong>

Not to be too obvious, but have you called apple? If your Mac is brand new, then support is free and only a phone call away...

Also, have you installed anything new onto it? Give a list. It might help people to help you. Including Apple suport.</strong><hr></blockquote>

As I said in my original post, the only thing I've installed new is JAGUAR!!! I've had my iMac since January so there's no free support and I'd rather solve this problem here than spend tons of money to talk to a dumbass tech.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Errr.... don't you get a year?
  • Reply 6 of 9
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    1 year standard, yeah. Call 'em up!

Otherwise, you can try directly at the Apple support forums at Apple. Or is that .Mac only now?
  • Reply 7 of 9
    [quote]Originally posted by ZO:

<strong>1 year standard, yeah. Call 'em up!

Otherwise, you can try directly at the Apple support forums at Apple. Or is that .Mac only now?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Oh. I was really sure it was 90 days. It's not really a support issue for my iMac though. I'll give them a call on monday if nobody else here has any ideas.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    xaqtlyxaqtly Posts: 450member
    You didn't mention how you installed Jaguar. Upgrade? Clean install? Have you tried booting into single user mode and running fsck? If you haven't done a clean install yet, that's what I suggest if nothing else works. Do the clean install with archiving and restoring network prefs, and it will do most of the work for you and you get a clean install out of it.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    noahjnoahj Posts: 4,503member

<strong>

As I said in my original post, the only thing I've installed new is JAGUAR!!! I've had my iMac since January so there's no free support and I'd rather solve this problem here than spend tons of money to talk to a dumbass tech.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Enough people have mentioned the 1 year support so i will not belabor that point. However, you did ont answer any of the second part of my question.

What are the circumstances surrounding your install of Jaguar. Was it a fresh clean install or an over the top install. Have you installed any third party software or Haxies? Have you edited PLISTS manually that you maybe should not have? What have you installed. It is hard to help with no information but, "it is broke, please fix it for me..."