Reinstalling Apps after Reformat from 2nd Install disc

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014

Hello,

Have a 15" MBP that I just recently completely reformatted. The install of Snow Leopard went fine. But I'm having a problem installing the applications from the second application disc. I pop it in, go through the prompts, and after all is said an done, the installation fails. It doesn't even begin to install it really. Like just before it's about to, it stops. 

I've tried restarting the MBP to see if that'd do anything and no dice. Just ran the hardware test and no problems found there either. Any ideas here as to what might be causing this problem?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator

Quote:

Originally Posted by forumviewer View Post

Hello,

Have a 15" MBP that I just recently completely reformatted. The install of Snow Leopard went fine. But I'm having a problem installing the applications from the second application disc. I pop it in, go through the prompts, and after all is said an done, the installation fails. It doesn't even begin to install it really. Like just before it's about to, it stops. 

I've tried restarting the MBP to see if that'd do anything and no dice. Just ran the hardware test and no problems found there either. Any ideas here as to what might be causing this problem?

It could be a bad disc but you can try doing a manual installation. If you use the application called Pacifist here (click the zip or disk image link):

http://www.charlessoft.com/

you can open the installer package and install the apps that way.

• Reply 2 of 3

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

It could be a bad disc but you can try doing a manual installation. If you use the application called Pacifist here (click the zip or disk image link):

http://www.charlessoft.com/

you can open the installer package and install the apps that way.

I used that software but I don't happen to see the installer package, just multiple folders for each application. Any idea?

• Reply 3 of 3

Apologies. I managed to get the software installed. What I didn't do was install any available software updates from Apple. I tried to install the software immediately after I installed the OS. There's a particular software update for Apple installers. After that was done, the installation of iLife proceeded fine. Thank you for your help.