Disabling Automatic Rollover Actions

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014

When I use the Washington Post, as soon as the cursor moves over a label like "Opinion" or "Sports", the drop down menus for these items appear.  I find this very annoying.

The same for the back button or many other aspects.  Is this a Lion problem?  Safari?  Can I go back to the old way?

Thanks ALL !

Henry Ledgard

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Quote:

Originally Posted by hledgard View Post

When I use the Washington Post, as soon as the cursor moves over a label like "Opinion" or "Sports", the drop down menus for these items appear.  I find this very annoying.

That's how the website works. 

Quote:

The same for the back button or many other aspects.

What does this mean?

Quote:

Is this a Lion problem?  Safari?  Can I go back to the old way?

It's a website problem. You can go back by going to the WayBack Machine and finding their cached website. From 1998, I guess.

• Reply 2 of 3
    hledgardhledgard Posts: 265member

Even in Apple Mail program, if the cursor is over an email item in a list, the system displays the email.  Formerly, one would have to click on the item to see it.

• Reply 3 of 3
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Quote:

Originally Posted by hledgard View Post

Even in Apple Mail program, if the cursor is over an email item in a list, the system displays the email.  Formerly, one would have to click on the item to see it.

Ah, you might have some accessibility options turned on. Mess around in System Preferences.