Apple pushes out updates for iLife iOS apps

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Apple on Tuesday rolled out updates for the iOS versions of iPhoto, Garageband, iMovie and Cards to squash a number of bugs and add add performance improvements and features.

iMovie

iMovie

The updated iOS version of iMovie brings small stability improvements as well as the addition to access "Help" when editing on the iPad. Also fixed is an issue where the incorrect frame was displayed after splitting a clip.

iMovie's 1.3.1 update weighs in at 403MB.

iPhoto

iPhoto

Apple's photo editing app for iOS brings the usual stability improvements and fixes a problem that caused duplicate photos to appear in Photos view. The updated app now allows for the URL of a journal to be copied using a Copy Link button when it is published to iCloud.

The 1.0.1 version download comes in at 113MB.

Garageband

Garageband

Along with stability improvements, Garageband 1.2.1 fixes a problem that crashed the app when sharing to iCloud and resolves SoundCloud and Facebook account issues.

The update weighs in at 801MB.

Cards

Cards

Cards 1.1.2 comes less than a month after version 1.1 was released in April and fixes an issue involving making edits to an address on the envelope.

The latest version of Cards is 33.8MB.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    tokyojimutokyojimu Posts: 529member

How about some bug fixes for the Mac OS version of iPhoto? It is the one Apple program that I am constantly cursing at. It has so many bugs and usability problems, I can't believe Apple has let this current version be so bad for so long.

• Reply 2 of 7
    it 's good new for everything.
    [URL=http://www.quora.com/Karan-Chanana]karan chanana-jack[/URL]
  • Reply 3 of 7
    it 's good new for everything.
    [URL=http://www.quora.com/Karan-Chanana]karan chanana-jack[/URL]
  • Reply 4 of 7
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    tokyojimu wrote: »
    How about some bug fixes for the Mac OS version of iPhoto? It is the one Apple program that I am constantly cursing at. It has so many bugs and usability problems, I can't believe Apple has let this current version be so bad for so long.

I hear that a lot, but haven't used it for ages. I moved to Aperture when it was at v1.5, quite strange for Apple to leave it stagnant at v3 for 24 months now. Bug fixes, yes, innovation, nothing. Maybe a new version together with a new Mac Pro?

<snip>

How about Cards for the iPad, Apple?
  • Reply 5 of 7
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member

Quote:

Originally Posted by TokyoJimu View Post

i use iPhoto on my Mac every other day if not every day and I haven't seen any bugs or other issues. What exactly are you referring to. 

• Reply 6 of 7
    coffeetimecoffeetime Posts: 116member

iPhoto for iOS 1.0.1 didn't fix a very annoying issue that is keeping me from using it at all.  Using the Mac version of iPhoto, I've scanned in thousands of photos from old scrapbooks, and manually set their dates/times as best as I could so when I open an Event, they all appear in chronological order.  Once synced with my iPhone and opened up in iPhoto 1.0.1, the date/time changes are all gone, defaulting back to when the images were scanned in.  That destroys the chronological order of photos within the Event.  I know the dates/times never synced, because I brought up the "Info" screen for a photo, and it showed the original scanned-in date, not the modified date.  Interestingly, the stock Photos iPhone app DOES recognize the modified dates/times, and shows the photos within an Event just like my Mac.

If you read the comments on the updated 1.0.1 version on the iTunes App Store, just about all of them complain about one or more bugs.  Honestly, I don't know how this app got such glowing reviews when it first came out.

• Reply 7 of 7
    sandy009sandy009 Posts: 52member

oh this is great! i always got pissed off with those bugs specially with imovie and garageband. thanks for the news and links. gotta download it now :D