OS X 10.7.4 Lion update fixes FileVault bug, includes Safari 5.1.6 [u]

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 21
    welshdogwelshdog Posts: 1,897member

Quote:

Originally Posted by vaporland View Post

This update is the best news since Lion was released. I did a clean install (due to numerous issues caused by the permissions bug) and my 2008 MBP is running 20% faster. I downloaded the full installer from the Mac App Store. Took a little more time, but well worth it - my Core 2 Duo is like a whole new machine now!

Safari works like it used to - i.e., fast! No more spinning pizza of death. The whole interface is snappy and quick. Kudos to Apple for cleaning up the turgid mess that was Lion - now its a sleek cat.

Initially, my install of these two updates resulted in poor performance.  Then Safari started locking up.  Turns out there was a kernel task running one core on my 2010 i7 MPB at 100%. This task could not be killed in Activity Monitor.  Force quit Safari and did a shutdown.  Computer would not shut down - probably due to the runaway kernel task.  Held down power button to force power off.  Upon reboot Safari is behaving as you described - definitely faster than before.  Not sure about the rest of the OS yet.