Briefly: Ahna O'Reilly cast in jOBS biopic, Sotheby's to auction Jobs Atari memo

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Actress Ahan O'Reilly has reportedly been cast to play the love interest in the upcoming Steve Jobs biopic while auction house Sotheby's will be auctioning off a Jobs memo from his time at Atari and other Apple memorabilia.

jOBS Biopic

According to Variety, Ahna O'Reilly has reportedly been pegged to play the leading female role opposite Ashton Kutcher in the upcoming independent film jOBS, a biopic chronicling the life of Apple co-founder Steve Jobs.

O'Reilly will play Chris-Ann Brennan, a San Francisco Bay-area painter who was Jobs' girlfriend and mother to his daughter, Lisa. Brennan, who first met Jobs in high school, wrote a piece for Rolling Stone Magazine shortly after the former CEO's death in October 2011 and described him as a hopeless romantic.

The cast of Joshua Michael Stern's jOBS is starting to fill out with the casting of the two leads as well as the character of Steve Wozniak, who will reportedly be played by Broadway actor Josh Gad. Principle filming is set to begin in June at the house where Jobs and Wozniak built the first Apple computer and founded what would become the world's largest tech company.

Ahna O'Reilly
Ahna O'Reilly | Source: Starpulse

Before her breakout role in the Oscar-nominated movie "The Help", O'Reilly had small parts in the feature films "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" and "Nancy Drew."

Sotheby's Auction

Auction giant Sotheby's announced on Friday that it would be auctioning off a Steve Jobs memo which is said to be the only remaining document from his time at games maker Atari.

The five page memo is from Jobs to engineer Stephen Bristow regarding improvements to the arcade soccer game Atari World Cup Football. Sotheby's expects to garner $10,000 to $15,000 for the partially handwritten document.

Atari Memo
Source: Sotheby's

Also up for auction is the logic board from an Apple I computer which is estimated to sell for $120,000 to $180,000.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    suddenly newtonsuddenly newton Posts: 13,819member
    Chris-Ann Brennan? So this is supposed to be a remake of The Pirates of Silicon Valley?
  • Reply 2 of 13
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Chris-Ann Brennan? So this is supposed to be a remake of The Pirates of Silicon Valley?

Takes place from Apple's inception to Steve's return.

So yeah, there's absolutely no point in making this movie.

• Reply 3 of 13
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    I suspect that the Atari memo will go much higher than the projection would suggest.
  • Reply 4 of 13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Takes place from Apple's inception to Steve's return.

So yeah, there's absolutely no point in making this movie.

I should've guessed it when they cast kelso instead of a more mature actor, and tapped a younger actor like Josh Gad to play Woz. Whatever the story is, it's clearly about pre-1986 Apple. And that movie was already made!

• Reply 5 of 13
    cvaldes1831cvaldes1831 Posts: 1,832member

Quote:

Big deal.

People have been retelling stories since the beginning of recorded history. After all, how many times has the Epic of Gilgamesh been respun? Same with Romeo and Juliet.

And some of the remakes/retellings/respins can be pretty good. Let's take one director as an example. "The Magnificent Seven" is a pretty good remake of Japanese director Akira Kurosawa's epic "Seven Samurai." Likewise the classic spaghetti Western "A Fistful of Dollars" is really just a remake of Kurosawa's "Yojimbo." And while it's not a blatant remake, much of "Star Wars" is based on Kurosawa's "The Hidden Fortress."

Kurosawa himself had no qualms in referencing Western literature. His "Throne of Blood" was his interpretation of Shakespeare's "Macbeth." His late career masterpiece "Ran" is based on Shakespeare's "King Lear."

And that is just a few examples from ONE non-Western movie director.

• Reply 6 of 13

Quote:

Originally Posted by cvaldes1831 View Post

People have been retelling stories since the beginning of recorded history. Same with Romeo and Juliet.

For some reason, I'm seeing visions of Steve Jobs and Bill Gates holding handguns sidewise at each other while screaming about Xerox in iambic pentameter.

• Reply 7 of 13
    kovacmkovacm Posts: 59member

content of this two memos (Apple I and Atari) should be available to EVERYONE!

• Reply 8 of 13
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    kovacm wrote: »
    content of this two memos (Apple I and Atari) should be available to EVERYONE!

Why? On what basis do you think that you're entitled to someone's private property?
  • Reply 9 of 13

Quote:

Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Why? On what basis do you think that you're entitled to someone's private property?

Falls under the current bout of entitlement issues going around. Hopefully it'll blow over when the country collapses.

• Reply 10 of 13

That girl's gorgeous.

• Reply 11 of 13
    For some reason, I'm seeing visions of Steve Jobs and Bill Gates holding handguns sidewise at each other while screaming about Xerox in iambic pentameter.

For some reason, I'm seeing That 70's Biopic, with Kelso and Fez.
  • Reply 12 of 13

Quote:

For some reason, I'm seeing That 70's Biopic, with Kelso and Fez.

"Dude, where's my OS?!"

• Reply 13 of 13
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,382member

**** this movie. It's way too early for this shit. What a lack of class.