Comment count

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014

I like that each story on the AI homepage has a direct link to the forum for discussion by way of a link which shows the number of comments. I would like to see the comment count reduced by one to reflect the fact that one of the comments is actually the original article. This way when a new article comes up it will say 0 comments until someone replies in the thread unlike now where it gives the impression a comment has been made already.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnyinscotland View Post

I like that each story on the AI homepage has a direct link to the forum for discussion by way of a link which shows the number of comments. I would like to see the comment count reduced by one to reflect the fact that one of the comments is actually the original article. This way when a new article comes up it will say 0 comments until someone replies in the thread unlike now where it gives the impression a comment has been made already.

I second this motion.

• Reply 2 of 3
    I notice articles now have a comment count of 0 initially. As no one from AI posted to say this would be changed was I being dense and it was like this all along?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    I notice articles now have a comment count of 0 initially. As no one from AI posted to say this would be changed was I being dense and it was like this all along?

Not to speak ill of you, but maybe. :lol:

I wouldn't imagine any changes having happened unless they were mission-critical, but it's possible that was changed.