"The computer was supposed to destroy the TV, not become one!"- Obi 'Woz' Kenobi

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
"You were the Chosen One! It was said that you would destroy the TV, not make one! Bring balance to the Force, not leave it in darkness!"- Obi 'Woz' Kenobi :)

The Woz never actually said that, but he has stated many times their original idea for the Apple computer would allow people the freedom to design their own programs and never imagined people would buy them pre-made in a store. I'm certain they never envisioned that the PC would eventually be turned into a glorified TV considering the average American already spends over 140 hours a month consuming video. Cool Woz interview @ http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-05-10/apple-co-founder-reflects-on-jobs-legacy-and-the/4004384

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member

I'm a bit skeptical about Woz because he seems to be riding his one claim to fame for the past 20 years. I know he does contribute to society in many different ways but Im not sure I see why everyone is so crazy about him.

• Reply 2 of 2

I still love 'The Woz', even if he only has one claim to fame since that's one more than most people have achieved.