Obama is FCKED: No president has won re-election with a jobless rate higher than 7.4%,

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014

No president since the Great Depression has won re-election with a jobless rate higher than 7.4%, and the latest Labor Department report says the current rate has now ticked up to 8.2%. It's hard to see that number falling 0.8 percentage points or more by the time the Nov. 6 election between Obama and Mitt Romney rolls around.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/theoval/post/2012/06/obama-likely-to-face-record-re-election-jobless-rate/1#.T8vJzr_J8QU

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

I thought the actual jobless rate was higher than that.

"The heck is Skil doing in PO?!"

Yeah, I know, I just want to know about this. Hang on. image

Isn't actual unemployment at 14-16%, with there being simply a smaller workforce (people working + actually looking) overall? Our population hasn't decreased (on the contrary), so wouldn't actual unemployment numbers come from "Total_population_of_workforce - Total_jobs_in_existence"?

• Reply 2 of 4
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member

Yeah, Obama's going to have a rough time. Massive unemployment, US owned by China, Peak Oil, Wall Street & The Fed rampant, 15 Trillion USD debt, Iraq and Afghanistan, most of the Middle East still messed up... Not good mate, not good.

• Reply 3 of 4

Quote:

Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Yeah, Obama's going to have a rough time. Massive unemployment, US owned by China, Peak Oil, Wall Street & The Fed rampant, 15 Trillion USD debt, Iraq and Afghanistan, most of the Middle East still messed up... Not good mate, not good.

But unlike all the other presidents, he still has a solid fanbase, call us ignorant if you want, but two of my sisters and I are voting for him, and all that Paul Ryan shit, and nobody likes Mittens, I think he'll win, shit if Bush got two terms, why the **** shouldn't Obama?

• Reply 4 of 4
    Whoever is the President, we can always feel the bad things happen. This is not just Obama's fault. Have you asked yourself what have you done to make your country better? Not because he is the president he can easily make our world perfect.