Retina MBP owners: Do you have a Samsung or Toshiba SSD ("Flash storage")??

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I'd really like to know what percentage of the new Retina MBP owners have Samsung Flash storage as opposed to a drive from Toshiba. You can easily find this out in just a few clicks by clicking on the Apple menu, selecting "About This Mac", then clicking on the lower left button that says "System Report", which will open System Information. Finally, select "Serial-ATA", which is towards the bottom of the Hardware menu on the left-hand side. Once you click Serial-ATA, it will display one of the following:

Apple SSD SM256E denotes a Samsung 256GB drive whereas
Apple SSD TS256E means that you have a 256GB Toshiba Flash drive

Thanks for participating! :-)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    dweeksdweeks Posts: 6member

Mine appears to be neither, but it is a 512 GB drive.

APPLE SSD SM512E:

Capacity: 500.28 GB (500,277,790,720 bytes)

Model: APPLE SSD SM512E                        

Revision: CXM09A1Q

• Reply 2 of 8
    crunchcrunch Posts: 180member
    Arghhh...sorry....double postx2. :-(
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Actually, the 256 refers to the amount of storage (GB), so you have a 512 GB flash drive from Samsung. :-)

My attempt at a poll was obviously written quite poorly, seeing as nobody has participated. lol
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Arghh!
  • Reply 5 of 8

I have a 256 GB and its a Samsung. Go Samsung!

• Reply 6 of 8

You're like the only other person to vote haha...I guess Mac people don't care what's in their Macs, but I do, and for those who care also, I've spent extra time at my Apple store to look up how many of the display models were Samsung and out of the dozen or so I've seen, they're ALL Samsung, i.e. Apple SSD SM256E or SM512E. Upon closer examination, they're the Samsung SATA III (6Gbps) PM 830 series, which is great, because that model is consistently at or near the top of the fastest and most reliable SSD's (flash storage without the plastic shell). ;)

• Reply 7 of 8

Another Samsung rMBP owner here :)

• Reply 8 of 8
    Samsung one here! Loving my new rmbp