Banned from mac rumours

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014

I got banned from mac rumours just because I joked about having another mac rumours account and I think someone called -aggie- reported me for that what the hell just a straight Insta- ban without warning!anyway if I don't get unbanned within a week Im done with it!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 26
    libdemlibdem Posts: 36member

No one cares dude!

• Reply 2 of 26

Quote:

Originally Posted by libdem View Post

No one cares dude!

And here I thought I would be welcomed:(

• Reply 3 of 26
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    And here I thought I would be welcomed:(

You are. Ignore him.

MacRumors is known for having pretty darn good rules. Nice and clear.

They're not known for following any of those rules at all…
  • Reply 4 of 26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

You are. Ignore him.

MacRumors is known for having pretty darn good rules. Nice and clear.

They're not known for following any of those rules at all…

I know I was a very loyal poster then the next minute I'm out cause one of the WW games players doesn't like me!

• Reply 5 of 26
    sr2012sr2012 Posts: 896member
    I got banned from mac rumours just because I joked about having another mac rumours account and I think someone called -aggie- reported me for that what the hell just a straight Insta- ban without warning!anyway if I don't get unbanned within a week Im done with it!

You are welcome here just PM Tallest Skil if you have any queries and also make sure you read all the AppleInsider Forum Guidelines and you should be okay... I left MacRumors years, years, years ago.
  • Reply 6 of 26

i got a two month ban for calling someone an idiot... because he was being an idiot. Like seriously? is idiot THAT offensive? no, of course not, they're just whiny babies.

• Reply 7 of 26

Originally Posted by marcusj0015 View Post

i got a two month ban for calling someone an idiot... because he was being an idiot. Like seriously? is idiot THAT offensive? no, of course not, they're just whiny babies.

Ah, I remember a good many time outs for me for finally snapping and calling a spade a spade (well, an anti-Apple troll an idiot). They have as much against that single word right there as they do against pro-Apple users, but the former was hated long before the latter.

They're within their rights, of course; that word is explicitly called out right in their rules. 

And ours too, I suppose. We don't like insults directly against other users here, but you're welcome to express that a position being held is idiotic.

• Reply 8 of 26
    Oh I've left that place the people here are much nicer and there less trolls more like a community then Mac Rumours, I got permanently banned for making a joke about having another account? And anyway why can't we have another account in the first place?
  • Reply 9 of 26

Originally Posted by macbook pro i5 View Post

Oh I've left that place the people here are much nicer and there less trolls more like a community then Mac Rumours, I got permanently banned for making a joke about having another account? And anyway why can't we have another account in the first place?

Astroturfing worries. Someone with multiple active accounts can hold conversations with himself and derail entire threads. He can use just one account and upvote all the comments with the others, making his opinion appear more valid/accepted. 

On MacRumors they don't let you ever have a second account, regardless of what happens to your first. Here we've been known to allow second accounts as long as you accept the shutdown of your first.

• Reply 10 of 26

Astroturfing worries. Someone with multiple active accounts can hold conversations with himself and derail entire threads. He can use just one account and upvote all the comments with the others, making his opinion appear more valid/accepted. 

On MacRumors they don't let you ever have a second account, regardless of what happens to your first. Here we've been known to allow second accounts as long as you accept the shutdown of your first.
    And that's a good thing! They have zero tolerance for multiple accounts at least you can make a new account and have the old one deactivated here. They are way to strict.
  • Reply 11 of 26

Quote:

that's Maggie...

• Reply 12 of 26
    theplaque wrote: »

that's Maggie...
    no his use name was aggie
  • Reply 13 of 26

Quote:

no his use name was aggie

a yeah... -aggie-   the "Lord of the Bunnies"...

• Reply 14 of 26
    theplaque wrote: »

how the hell do you know?
  • Reply 15 of 26

too bad! just leave them alone and enjoy in this forum... everything is very informative.

• Reply 16 of 26

too bad for you people... just make sure next time you should try to behave in this forum. This very interesting site and not for someone or people who doesn't have anything to do.

• Reply 17 of 26

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatusmiles View Post

too bad for you people... just make sure next time you should try to behave in this forum. This very interesting site and not for someone or people who doesn't have anything to do.

Oh there rules are stupid this forum as far better rules put in place.

• Reply 18 of 26

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePlaque View Post

Can you tell me how the hell you know that?

• Reply 19 of 26
    mac95mac95 Posts: 26member

:)

And I agree with Tallest Skil.

Tallest_Skil Member, Moderator

August 27

PART 3/3: EPILOGUE.

I use the word 'idiot' a lot, and not just for this video, and I want to clarify that I never use it as an insult. Ever. I use it under the definition of the word.

Someone who is ignorant of a topic does not know of it at all. They may say something about it, but if that is correct, it is by happy chance, and if it is wrong, it is because they do not know.

Someone who is an idiot has done one of two things. They know of a topic and have either chosen to ignore what they do know about it or have chosen NOT to learn about the content of said topic at all. That is what defines idiocy. 

The difference between someone who is stupid (ignorant) and someone who is an idiot is intent. Conscious, willful intent defines idiocy. 

There is no shame in ignorance. There is great shame in idiocy.

• Reply 20 of 26

Quote:

They often impose overly harsh penalties there.

Enjoy AppleInsider.