iTunes Wifi Sync not working

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
The ML installation/upgrade went great on my iMac (i7, mid 2010 modell, 27").

I have only noticed one odd issue after installing ML. Neither my iPhone 4S or my iPad (retina) won't longer sync with iTunes (lates version) over wifi. When trying they are only "looking" for my iMac but nothing is happening. When connecting both iPhone and iPad directly to my iMac syncing goes as planned. It is also crossed for "sync over wifi" on both devices.After disconnecting both devices vanishes from the device list in iTunes.

Can anybody maybe tell me how to fix this?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3

Before connecting your device, in iTunes, click on Preferences - Devices to access the device menu. Make sure the "Prevent iPod, iPhone, and iPad from syncing automatically" box is checked. Doing this will require you to manually sync from this point forward.

Resource from: http://www.iphone-mac.com/how-to-iphone.html

• Reply 2 of 3

With your device plugged in, select it in iTunes. Go to the music tab and check if the Sync Music is checked. Somehow mine got deselected. Select it again and sync should be okay.

• Reply 3 of 3

Have you tried rebooting your iPhone by pressing and holding both the Home and Sleep buttons at the same time until the apple symbol appears, ignoring the power off slider?