in General Discussion edited January 2014

I don't like them. But that's me.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

And now the official Apple links.

http://www.apple.com/mac/videos/#tv-ads-mayday

• Reply 2 of 3

There were commercials during the opening ceremony in the US?  I'll have to watch these later.

Here in Japan the ceremony was broadcast live, in its entirety (almost four hours) with only the occasional talk by the announcers that was primarily informative.  It was like actually being there.  Though NHK (and other channels here) can have highly scripted and over-read news, they pull off events like this very well.

That said, I wonder if these CMs will come to Japan (or similar ones).  Apple just recently started a Retina MBP CM locally; I had only seen iPhone CMs that were usually made by the carriers.

• Reply 3 of 3
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

There were commercials during the opening ceremony in the US?  I'll have to watch these later.

We not only had commercials, but they were played over the recording

You heard that right. They apparently kept the tape (TAPE. PREVIOUSLY RECORDED.) running, did the commercials, and came back, telling us what we missed when we were gone.

And of course there were commentators talking over the whole thing saying absolutely everything that we're seeing instead of letting us just see the art. Americans are complete idiots and wouldn't know what's happening otherwise.