Acrobat plugin

emeeme
Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
i have installed the acrobat reader , but the browser plug in doesn seem to work, ie and navigator tells me i do not have the plugin viewer but i just installed it(acrobat reader)... any help?? how can i install the plugin manually?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    [quote]Originally posted by eme:

<strong>i have installed the acrobat reader , but the browser plug in doesn seem to work, ie and navigator tells me i do not have the plugin viewer but i just installed it(acrobat reader)... any help?? how can i install the plugin manually?</strong><hr></blockquote>

I'm using OS9, so if you are using OSX, this may not be of any help, but if you look in Applications (OS9):Acrobat Reader 5.0:Web Browser Plug-in, you will find a file called PDFViewer. If you copy that file to the browser's Plug-in folder, it should work. (You might have to restart the browser.)
  • Reply 2 of 3
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    i saw last week a small plugin in the versiontracker.com - that allows you to see the pdfs in browsers - in OS X. i forgot the name, but look in versiontracker. it's freeware ....

sorry that i dont remember the name of that plugin! but it exists.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    <a href="http://www.versiontracker.com/moreinfo.fcgi?id=16527&db=mac"; target="_blank">PDF Browser Plugin</a>