What's next for the iPad screen?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014

What comes after the Retina display for the iPad? Wondering what the community thinks the next improvement in display technology to make it to the iPad will look like...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Next improvement is either the lamination that they've done with the retina MacBook Pro (if they haven't already) or something with considerably less power draw (probably not any form of OLED).

• Reply 2 of 8
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    I was thinking a feature to turn off the screen when impossible to answer questions get asked.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    stoobsstoobs Posts: 40member

I could imagine more research into screen clarity in bright sunlight (It has gotten better, but there is still much room for improvement), on top of power consumption and the never ending quest to make it thinner.

I doubt there is much point in trying to increase resolution beyond what it is now.

• Reply 4 of 8

Likely next screen, or desired next screen?

My desire is for Apple to implement wide gamut display technology across the lineup and add hooks to OS X to enable developers to easily support the wide gamut color space.  LIkelyhood of that happening is about zero.

Otherwise the retina iPad is fine, no need to do much to the display except perhaps laminate the glass to it to reduce glare.  More pressing is the need to boost iPad battery life and do something about the heat.  Either make it run cooler, or add a feature to cook breakfast with it!

• Reply 5 of 8

Like the first post, I think its going to be laminated (if it isnt already) 

• Reply 6 of 8
    I was thinking a feature to turn off the screen when impossible to answer questions get asked.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    I could imagine more research into screen clarity in bright sunlight (It has gotten better, but there is still much room for improvement), on top of power consumption and the never ending quest to make it thinner.
  • Reply 8 of 8