How do I trash the preferences for my existing explorer in OSX

Where does the prefences file live??

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    ps

If I trash the following folders in

Me - library - preferences - explorer

Me - library - preferences - explorercontrol

When both these are trashed it still doesn't work..In other words when I click on a .sit link it doesn't do anything - The only way to get a file is to right click and save to desktop - what else do I need to trash to get explorer back to how it should be
  • Reply 2 of 3
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    This whole speed downloader issue... and then your sig, 'If it ain't broke, break it'. Well, at least you get what was coming to you.

As to your problem, have you erased the responsible plugin in /libary/internet plug-ins

? (that is, if there is one, and also, that is from HD/library).

Maybe also check HD/library/preferences.

If not of that works, it might have done something to your system's internet preferences (as in the system prefs pane). So you might have to go in and dig in deeper.

Also, after deleting all that stuff, make you sure you keep your browser off, and restart (the browser) after deleting.

You might also, for some things which are truly in your system, have to restart the system.

That's all I can say for now. If the problem persists...

oh, one thing though: have you looked in the IE preferences section?

Under Receiving files>file helpers, there will have been some changes, presumably. Check out .sit in the list for instance. Make sure the file helper selected is Aladdin Expander (or none, if you prefer to expand yourself).

This will probably do the trick.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    also make sure you complain to the developers over at speed download...