Samsung says verdict is not an Apple win, but a 'loss for the American consumer' [u]

Comments

• Reply 21 of 167
    radarradar Posts: 271member

LOL, Samsung are really desperate now .... at least companies like Nokia did true innovation rather than copy others.... Samsung is officially exposed as distant third tier in the smartphone market... iPhone 5, can't wait for that baby! 

• Reply 22 of 167

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredumb View Post

Yep, just exactly like World War 2:

Not to be viewed as a win for the Allies, but as a loss for Allied servicemen everywhere...

lol, perfect.

• Reply 23 of 167

"Samsung will start to innovate and offer choices for the consumer."

</fixed>

• Reply 24 of 167
    tbelltbell Posts: 3,146member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Srice View Post

Agreed.  I am in the market for a new fridge...it won't be a Samsung.

Good because Samsung is ripping GE and Whirlpool off. 

• Reply 25 of 167

i think im not the only one who got a little tingly inside and overfilled with joy when they saw this.... serves samsung right... if your not going to innovate then you deserve to get your ass sued for copying....

• Reply 26 of 167
    cpsrocpsro Posts: 3,198member

If making Android run slower, not updating the OS for devices just months to weeks old, or producing display panels that can't reproduce skin tones is innovation, then Samsung doesn't know innovation.

• Reply 27 of 167
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member

If Samsung is forced to come up with their own ideas, instead of taking the easy way out and copying the market leader, it should lead to more innovation for the American consumer, not less.

• Reply 28 of 167
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member

What an impressive win for Apple. Amazing.

Samsung trolls should thin considerably now.

• Reply 29 of 167

Translated:

• Reply 30 of 167
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    I am curious to know where this leaves Android? Surely Apple can now go after all the iOS IP Google stole covered by this trial.
  • Reply 31 of 167
    cpsrocpsro Posts: 3,198member

Quote:

Originally Posted by herbapou View Post

Funny thing is Apple did not win the "rectangle with round squares" patent.

Yes, and let's hope a major news agency has the guts to call Samsung out on that.

• Reply 32 of 167

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Craven View Post

i think im not the only one who got a little tingly inside and overfilled with joy when they saw this.... serves samsung right... if your not going to innovate then you deserve to get your ass sued for copying....

What about Google?  I think it should be forced to pay at least some part of the damages that Samsung will have to pay.

• Reply 33 of 167
    docno42docno42 Posts: 3,755member
    Nice spin control. Less than 22 hours for deliberations? Methinks the jury thought Apple had a slam-dunk case.

I wonder if the judge will triple the damages due to willful infringement - 3 Billion would be very interesting indeed!
  • Reply 34 of 167
    U mad, foreign bros?
  • Reply 35 of 167
    applegreen wrote: »
    What about Google?  I think it should be forced to pay at least some part of the damages that Samsung will have to pay.

I depends. Were the findings against parts that were Samsung unique or Android core? I don't know enough about Android to answer that - I'm sure someone will do an analysis...
  • Reply 36 of 167
    Samsung trolls should thin considerably now.

HAAHAHAHAHA!

I do admire your optimism, however naive it may be....
  • Reply 37 of 167
    ascii wrote: »
    If Samsung is forced to come up with their own ideas, instead of taking the easy way out and copying the market leader, it should lead to more innovation for the American consumer, not less.

Ding ding ding!

What really amuses me is all these people who can't stand Apple - unless some other company blatantly rips off their ideas. Then they are perfectly OK and Apple's jerks for stopping others from copying them. Ah, the hypocrisy...

Notice Apple isn't suing Microsoft, RIM or HP (WebOS)....
  • Reply 38 of 167
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member

so what Sammy's saying is that we don't know how to move mobile design/innovations forward without Apple showing us the way. Even though we've been in the biz longer than Apple has, we don't know anything.

• Reply 39 of 167

When Michael Phelps' finished first in Olympic races, these were not "gold medals" for the American "Swim Team", but "missed opportunities" for swimming spectators.

When Wayne Gretzky put the puck in the net, these were not so-called "goals" for the Edmonton Oilers, ...

We could write these all night.  

• Reply 40 of 167
    Can I upgrade my Samsung phone to the latest version of Android? No? Why not? You said you were good for consumers, right?