Bad Apple

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014

I'm starting to feel apple slipping in its designs. I love Apple don't get me wrong but when you compare new phones and computers to apples products of late they look a little stale. 

Thinking back to when Apple was without Steve Jobs at the helm they had to many fingers in to many pies is this starting to happen again? maybe

Why are we waiting for product updates like Mac pro and iMac longer than necessary? Did Apple lose its self for a while after the loss of the late Steve Jobs.

I just hope this week, Apple gives everyone who is wanting a new product what they wish for and more, not just a ............?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14

Originally Posted by Keith Humpage View Post

I'm starting to feel apple slipping in its designs.

I'm not.

I love Apple don't get me wrong but when you compare new phones and computers to apples products of late they look a little stale. 

Stopped reading right there. If you're going to troll, at least come up with a new frigging argument instead of destroying your credibility right off the bat.

Why are we waiting for product updates like Mac pro and iMac longer than necessary?

Because they're getting redesigned.

I just hope this week, Apple gives everyone who is wanting a new product what they wish for and more

I hope that no one else ever thinks this for any reason. Maybe you want to screw the stock over and maybe you want to screw the fans over, but I don't.

• Reply 2 of 14

After writing this, I watched a video on Bloomberg that matches some of my feelings. Wow you must be a stock holder for your comments to me. 

There is a least one more person who feels the same.

http://www.bloomberg.com/video/thompson-apple-needs-new-product-for-wow-factor-S5WeEXZYTtiOpcaFBpsTUQ.html

• Reply 3 of 14

I just want to add i'm waiting to buy a new iMac 27" and a new iPod touch to add to my collection of Apple devices.

• Reply 4 of 14

Wow you must be a stock holder for your comments to me. 

No, just someone smart enough not to treat his phone how he treats his bread.

There is a least one more person who feels the same.

Amazing. We're (not us here, everyone) supposed to care why? Analysts are idiots. They said the same thing about the iPhone 4S. It sold more than all previous models combined. No one actually cares about changing the design for the sake of changing the design. Those who do have erroneous beliefs. 

Originally Posted by Keith Humpage View Post

I just want to add i'm waiting to buy a new iMac 27" and a new iPod touch to add to my collection of Apple devices.

It's like running down a frigging checklist! Why do you people even try anymore?!

#4: Outright state that you "love Apple, but"

#5: Claim you either already own or are going to purchase Apple products

#27: Express a wish that every product Apple makes be completely updated at every event to make others believe that this might happen

#28: Express that the community as a whole will be disappointed if #27 does not come to pass, which will make others start to believe the same

#34: Call the iPhone stale, do not explain why

#43: Steve Jobs is dead; Apple is failing without him

• Reply 5 of 14

You're right in the sense that no one comes up with any original ideas or thoughts any more; it's just the same old stuff said over and over again.  I think this forum (and all others) needs to get out more.

• Reply 6 of 14

I should of named the topic boring not bad. I know I have proved a point, show me a main stream editorial that states Apple is not changing 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-19557497

• Reply 7 of 14

Originally Posted by mrochester View Post

You're right in the sense that no one comes up with any original ideas or thoughts any more; it's just the same old stuff said over and over again.

Complete nonsense. Proof?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-19557497

• Reply 9 of 14

Still 404s. Is it a problem on my end? Do I have to pay for this? If the latter, just copy the text here.

• Reply 10 of 14

No idea why bbc is not working for you here is the text

Viewpoint: Apple's iPhone launches no longer excite

Dan Lyons the BBC asked Dan Lyons, Newsweek magazine's technology editor and creator of the satirical blog, The Secret Diary of Steve Jobs, to pen an article about the firm's progress over past year.

This week it's the the iPhone 5. Everyone pretty much accepts that Apple will introduce it, and there have been so many leaks that everybody pretty much seems to know what it's going to be. Word is it will look a lot like the last two versions of the iPhone, except a bit thinner and a bit taller, with upgraded guts and a refreshed operating system.

s

If that's correct, I imagine Steve is not happy. First of all, he'd be furious about the leaks. Steve liked surprising people.

More important, is this really the best we can expect from an outfit that claims to be the most innovative company in the world? This is the sixth version of the iPhone, and the user interface still looks almost exactly like the original iPhone in 2007.

The hardware on the iPhone has been the same for two years, since the iPhone 4 and 4S were virtually identical.

Worse, despite all its bluster about innovation, Apple has become a copycat, and not even a good one. Why is Apple making the iPhone bigger? To keep up with the top Android phones.

A

(Phones that, mind you, Apple fanboys ridiculed at first.)

The problem is that the new iPhone won't really give you much more screen real estate than the old one. Worse, it looks ridiculous.

Apple also has become a copycat in tablets. Jobs once said the iPad's 9.7in screen was the perfect size, and smaller tablets made no sense. Then the Android camp had success with 7in tablets like Amazon's Kindle Fire and Google's Nexus 7, and now Apple supposedly will announce its own smaller iPad in October. Talk about thinking different!

• Reply 11 of 14

Complete bollocks, as they'd say over there. Please excuse the language, and thank you for the link.

Ask any one anything about the actual phone and they'll shut up faster than if you'd slapped them. They know squat about the device, just as we do. 

"We know what it looks like. That makes it boring." No one with that as an opinion needs so much as the time of day. How stupid can people get?

And what's with the picture of Steve Jobs like Jesus on a piece of toast? Oh, that's just half an image… the forums actually let it cut off… 

• Reply 12 of 14

Quote:

No idea why bbc is not working for you here is the text

Viewpoint: Apple's iPhone launches no longer excite (...snip...)

Wholesale reproduction of articles is strictly verboten.

Mods, please cut this down to size and provide a link only. This kind of thing will get AI into deep doo-doo with the copyright holder.

• Reply 13 of 14

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Wholesale reproduction of articles is strictly verboten.

Mods, please cut this down to size and provide a link only. This kind of thing will get AI into deep doo-doo with the copyright holder.

Oh, will it? All right, then. I figured as much, but have seen a fair number of these before that never got edited or deleted, even before my modness and on MacRumors. Better safe than sorry.

Originally stated by Dan Lyons

The hardware on the iPhone has been the same for two years, since the iPhone 4 and 4S were virtually identical.

He not only needs to be publicly humiliated for this, he needs to issue an apology to Bob Mansfield and his team, directly, in person.

• Reply 14 of 14

Thanks a lot for the information provided.

Hope I'll find much more interesting info in here.

Cheers!

http://mp4towmvconverter.net/