What will be the next big thing after Smart TVs, AR Glasses, and Smart Appliances?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I'm just looking forward to when real innovation occurs, because I'm tired of people adding TV/video to something and calling it progress. Americans already consume nearly 150 hours of tv/video/gaming a month (almost 5 hours a day) and we don't need anymore.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 22

AR glasses aren't going to be a big thing. Neither are smart TVs as they've been made so far.

• Reply 2 of 22
    I don't think the Smart TV will big if they remain as they are today because they are not really smart. It's when it becomes part of a fluid ecosystem that will allow it to not only be a comfortable place to consume content but also become a tool to help create it. It will be the Smart Tv's ability to seemlessly connect wirelessly to other devices, in conjunction with built-in motion sensors/cameras and an always-on connection to smart A.I. with natural speech recognition which will help transform it. Apple is almost there in many ways..
  • Reply 3 of 22

3DTV

• Reply 4 of 22

That is 3D TV without Glasses.

• Reply 5 of 22

The two main breakthrough technologies that solve this problem of no glasses 3D TV are known as parallax barrier or lenticular lens technology. These methods of delivering 3D TV without glasses are also known as autostereoscopy, and the 3D TVs that deliver them are built using what's termed as 'autostereoscopic screens'. LG's blog post 'A 3D Future Without Glasses' explores the two technologies in more detail.

• Reply 6 of 22

Self driving Google Cars that let you sleep while they take you to your destination - Next 5 years, or you can watch a movie while it does and you have to do nothing but put on your seatbelt. Also 1gb/s internet is emerging, after that it's 10g/s internet after 10 years of that. And Computers will be made for easier repair, or upgrades, by simply shutting the machine down, and pulling out parts you want out to replace them with better or other data parts. For example, If I wanted to upgrade a processor, All I would have to do is pull out the old one by pressing a button, and it would come out like a cd drive bay, and then I could take out the old one, let's say it's dual sided ( both sides have pins ( or squares or hexagons that look like battery pins currently, and we could replace the chip on the spot like changing a cd. Of course this requires the computer to be off and that the processor drive be no power needed solution. Same for graphics cards and memory expansions. No having to disassemble computers to upgrade them. NFC will allow customers to pay by simply stepping out of the store, and when they enter it, an app will be shown on the device asking if they'd like help finding what they want. The device app would tell the customer where bread is and on what isle if they asked and would show them discounts on products, and video ads of the stores service and quality of food. It'll be like the 1950's people imagined it. Then after we're done evolving the internet we'll create flying cars with up to 4 wankel engines and 8 Rotation Sensors and Anti Wind Management systems that use the wind in advantage to fly in the sky. They will take you to your destination and have 2 doors on the sides, that open like spaceships. After that we will start building bigger buildings so we can park on them and enter them easily, with roofs made round instead of triangular to let the snow and rain flow downwards. We will build less roads, and schools will have video announcements, without windows xp. Software will be made so teachers can deliver news faster to their students, but not via sms, and instead through apps like iTunes University. And students will turn in homework through the internet, and they will be taught how to code at 2nd grade. They will have computers that you can order to do things, and create art by themselves, and will use 3D Gamelike UI's for navigation of data and the world would then disintergrate money when the world is so perfectly connected that the world becomes one governed populace that objects are no longer sold, rather they are shared. That is until the water on planet earth runs out and they start placing prices on stuff again, and wars will be fought over water reserves, and the world will be full of thieves and dying people. But that won't happen if we create some type of food that let's you live longer without consuming so much of it. It all has to do with your cytoplasms and how fast you burn calories. The world will then create underwater houses and personal submarines to travel between homes as the sun will be too hot, and we will start building live in space, with ships the size of cities and lots of food.

• Reply 7 of 22

Originally Posted by Daniel Campos View Post

Also 1gb/s internet is emerging, after that it's 10g/s internet after 10 years of that.

We're about two decades away from having 1Gbps at the same penetration as 3Mbps has now. No WAY will 10Gbps only take another 10 years after that.

For example, If I wanted to upgrade a processor, All I would have to do is pull out the old one by pressing a button, and it would come out like a cd drive bay, and then I could take out the old one, let's say it's dual sided ( both sides have pins ( or squares or hexagons that look like battery pins currently, and we could replace the chip on the spot like changing a cd. 

The polar opposite of this is becoming the norm.

We will build less roads, and schools will have video announcements, without windows xp.

I like how the two parts of this sentence have anything to do with one another, first, and I also find it funny that you think Windows XP will ever go away. It's being supported for two more years, for heaven's sake; same with VGA.

And students… …will be taught how to code at 2nd grade.

What's the point of that?

…disintergrate money when the world is so perfectly connected that the world becomes one governed populace that objects are no longer sold, rather they are shared.

Ah, I see, this is all one big ploy to legalize piracy.

That is until the water on planet earth runs out and they start placing prices on stuff again, and wars will be fought over water reserves, and the world will be full of thieves and dying people. But that won't happen if we create some type of food that let's you live longer without consuming so much of it. It all has to do with your cytoplasms and how fast you burn calories.

Right, not piracy, just craziness. 

• Reply 8 of 22

Not really... Internet speeds are increasing faster than ever. And information on the internet is evolving so rapidly that the connections will be upgraded upon user demand. And because now the world is more connected, ideas spread faster, so work is done upon demand. To prove this just look at the Google 1 gb/s fiber network they are deploying in Kansas right now, it got immediate demand and the iPhone 5 sold twice as many devices than last year because the world is more connected. I believe electromagnetic air propulsion railways will be built as well and one day we will build ifo's ( Identifiable Flying Objects) that use air plasma and electrons to move through the air. And they will drive themselves and it'll be like the movie " The Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy" that at one point we will be able to travel through space simply because it's extremely possible. You can't really deny the future. I mean German Engineers were working on UFO's around the time of World War 2, and then the US taught it was the Soviets. As it turns out, right now, the US does in fact know how to build circular aircrafts and the roswell incident was in deed true, because otheriwse we would not have known that a circular shaped disk ( a ufo) was possible to be built. For instance, the reason a ufo is shaped like a circle is so that it can travel in any direction. A plane is shaped to go forward. If we start working hard at developing autonomous engines  and building circular aircraft tha can travel at 1,300 mph or higher, and eliminate noise by creating an antigravity engine with magnets inside working together to propel the machine like fusion in the sun does (continuesly without energy), we may actually be able to fly in one in our lifetimes.

Also about the second graders... because coding has become a part of commerce and people who know how to build effiecient systems to get words out there of a service or product or game can be more successful than someone who only knows english and another language. And video announcements are already happening at my school.

• Reply 9 of 22

Originally Posted by Strat09 View Post

To prove this just look at the Google 1 gb/s fiber network they are deploying in Kansas right now

Yeah, and that's how many years after they first ran the contest to see who'd get it? And it's still 'deploying'. How many more years before it's in use? And that's just Kansas. How many more decades before it's available in even one more state?

When it comes to Internet speeds, no one is more pessimistic than I am, and I don't recall ever being wrong. Ticks me off.

…at one point we will be able to travel through space simply because it's extremely possible. You can't really deny the future.

I can deny that this will happen sooner than the 2300s, that's for sure.

The only thing I can say about the far future is that I hope telomere treatments are created before too much of mine is gone to enjoy living for multiple centuries.

…building circular aircraft tha can travel at 1,300 mph or higher, and eliminate noise…

The two main problems, acceleration and sonic booms, keep that from ever being feasible.

…an antigravity engine with magnets inside…

These are prevented by the laws of physics.

Also about the second graders… because coding has become a part of commerce…

I don't see many farmers or surgeons who have to rely on their coding skills to keep humanity alive.

• Reply 10 of 22
    I think the engine can be built out of magnets because maybe they're repelling forces could move the turbines forward and while they do that, energy can be gathered and used to power an onboard computer that guides the machine. And I think if internet providers want to keep their customers after the 1 GB /s update before google, they'll upgrade sooner than how DSL came to be. And that was slow speeds still, now we go up to 100 mb/s. Give it five to ten years. As for the UFO, it can be built. Give it 50 years.
  • Reply 11 of 22

And I think if internet providers want to keep their customers after the 1 GB /s update before google, they'll upgrade sooner than how DSL came to be.

What reason do they have to be concerned about anything? It's a few cities in one state. Not only that, they'll make deals with Google not to compete in markets, just like they all do now. They'll get to set whatever prices they want for whatever speeds they want, and all that anyone can do is spend a hundred thousand to move to where Google has service if they don't like it.

• Reply 12 of 22

“As technology advances, it reverses the characteristics of every situation again and again. The age of automation is going to be the age of "do it yourself".”- Marshall McLuhan

• Reply 13 of 22

I Disagree. Google cars are autonomous... meaning you don't have to drive anymore.

• Reply 14 of 22
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Yeah, and that's how many years after they first ran the contest to see who'd get it? And it's still 'deploying'. How many more years before it's in use? And that's just Kansas. How many more decades before it's available in even one more state?

When it comes to Internet speeds, no one is more pessimistic than I am, and I don't recall ever being wrong. Ticks me off.

Damn impressive pricing and for what you get. I certainly wouldn't turn it down if it was offered, and I'd even be willing to pay more than that.

"The Gigabit + TV service is $120 a month, with a $300 construction fee waived if you sign a two-year contract. The Fiber TV service offers a large selection of network and some cable channels in HD, including Showtime and Starz. Along with the package, Google is throwing in a free Nexus 7 and a TV box that records up to 500 hours and eight shows at once on its two terabytes of storage."

• Reply 15 of 22
    Quote:

I Disagree. Google cars are autonomous... meaning you don't have to drive anymore.

I think you missed the point. Just as automated cashier-less checkouts have you doing the cashiering and bagging, autonomous cars will only force people to do work in their car they did not have to do previously. When you think about it autonomous cars will start to evolve away from how cars look today and will go back to (a more modern version of) the old stage coach where seats faced toward each other since occupants did not have to drive or point out directions to the driver.

I also imagine the 'free to use' autonomous cars being available for people who will be forced to visit certain (sponsored/ad financed) locations on the way to and back from their desired location. But like anything that is FREE, it only means that you're the product being sold.

• Reply 16 of 22
    strat09strat09 Posts: 158member

I think you're confusing the two products. Self paying checkout machines take away cashiers jobs. Self Driving autonomous cars take away the need to drive. They are different.

And I don't think self driving cars would force you to visit "sponsored" locations to use them.

And we aren't what we buy. We are what we like. And that is only human.

• Reply 17 of 22
    mikeb85mikeb85 Posts: 506member

Quote:

Sweet!  That means we'd be able to drink and take our Google car home from the bar (or even drink in the car on the way there/back), I'll be able to sleep on roadtrips, and getting road head will be alot less dangerous...  

• Reply 18 of 22
    mikeb85mikeb85 Posts: 506member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Commodification View Post

Quote:

I also imagine the 'free to use' autonomous cars being available for people who will be forced to visit certain (sponsored/ad financed) locations on the way to and back from their desired location. But like anything that is FREE, it only means that you're the product being sold.

There will never be 'free to use' autonomous cars...  Either you'll have to buy one, the car manufacturer will license the technology, or you'll pay a fare like a taxi cab.  Advertisements are already all over public transportation, and I don't know about the cost where you live, but here it's far from free....

• Reply 19 of 22

I also totally agree with your comment no car will come in free technology ,there we need to pay the chas

[url=http://www.comvita.com]comvita[/url]

• Reply 20 of 22
    strat09strat09 Posts: 158member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikeb85 View Post

There will never be 'free to use' autonomous cars...  Either you'll have to buy one, the car manufacturer will license the technology, or you'll pay a fare like a taxi cab.  Advertisements are already all over public transportation, and I don't know about the cost where you live, but here it's far from free....

Yeah... that's the down side of having a car that drives you home from a bar when your drunk. It'll be expensive. But if you think about it, the next thing after that is self driving planes that use typographic maps of the land to travel. Then by 2220 that won't be important. It'll be human made saucers. Self driving cars will be as cheap as a mac book pro with retina display, due to the advancements that will be made in quantum energy generators.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RO6AXftkDg

After the world finds out that there is energy in the air, goodbye energy bills!! image