Mac user with android phone deciding which would be easier Phone and computer linked or tablet and p

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014

Hey guys first post! I'm a a mac user who recently decided to hop into the tablet game. I have a galaxy nexus right now and my question is as far as tablets go, which would you think be better as a tablet purchase. My thought process is this,  if I get a nexus 7 my phone and tablet would be synced together, leaving my mac out. However if I get an ipad it will leave my phone out. Which brings be to my next question. which do you think would be easier to have synced linked up? computer and phone or tablet and phone? I would switch to an iphone if it would make my life easier. I want a ipad but I cant shake the feeling that getting an iphone would be better, having my phone linked to my mac and getting a nexus 7 (I dont want to commit to one OS. I use all google apps and android integration with them is unbeatable) I hope this makes sense! thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    If you are happy with the Galaxy Nexus, I'd say stick with that and get an iPad. There's a reason Apple has nearly 70% worldwide tablet marketshare. A 7" tablet is also quite small:

[VIDEO]

There's not much you'd really have to sync between the tablet and phone beyond maybe email, photos and music but that's fairly straightforward between different OSs.
  • Reply 2 of 3

Thanks! You're right, after thinking about it having the Ipad and mac hooked up will be better in the long run. Plus I do like the galaxy nexus a lot, (enjoy tinkering rooting and roming) and I wouldn't be flashing all the time on a tablet. 

• Reply 3 of 3

I ran with an iPad and an HTC Incredible provided by my company. I was able to integrate them without too many hassles, even using both Exchange and iCloud. I ended up going back to my iPhone, but that was more because I just didn't feel comfortable in the Android space, rather than any issues between the tablet and phone.