Proof that Apple had a batch ready to ship from the UPS depot at the time of the announcement

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Okay, so I used my cell number without dashes as my reference # on the UPS website. As of yet, I still have not seen an email from Apple letting me know that my order has shipped. From what everybody has been saying, was that these were all in China ready to be shipped. Well I did some digging here on the forum and saw how some were getting their notifications on their tracking numbers and why is my status still "preparing for shippment"? Well here is what I found when I put my reference number in,,,

Location Date Local Time Activity
Louisville, KY, United States 09/18/2012 10:00 A.M. Arrival Scan
Nashville, TN, United States 09/17/2012 3:06 P.M. Departure Scan
Nashville, TN, United States 09/16/2012 2:43 P.M. Origin Scan
United States 09/17/2012 1:15 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

As you can see, the origin scan is in Nashville, and as most of you know, this is a major hub for UPS. This tells me that Apple had already had thousands dropped shipped to the UPS hub waiting for the orders to be placed. This is how Apple maintains the Santa Claus mystery effect on getting all to all the neat toys to all us good little boys and girls to us by the promised ship date of the 21st.
Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that I'll be getting the new phone on Friday, but it sure takes the mystery out of the "how do they do that" factor.

Comments