iPhone 5 camera panoramic

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014

wow, this is so cool.  

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2

Care to elaborate? LOL...

I hate how you're stuck at just one very wide focal length for the pano feature. That's pretty stupid.

I was honestly hoping for something better. That said, the stitching is pretty decent, but that's par for the course with good panorama modes in cameras these days.

• Reply 2 of 2
    taddtadd Posts: 136member

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonton View Post

That said, the stitching is pretty decent, but that's par for the course with good panorama modes in cameras these days.

I guess I've never had a good panorama mode in a camera.  I went from having a too-old camera where although it had a panorama mode, it made you figure out the stitching on the computer, to an SLR that doesn't have such a mode at all.  I guess I missed out on the automation, until now.  

I shot several images, one indoors that would have made my old computer method fail badly and several outdoors.  All were surprisingly good to my eye.  None took really any work for me the user. 

That said, this, to me, isn't a case of producing a previously unobtainable result, but rather one of making it so easy as to make the user forget how insane this feature would have been just a few years ago.   If you want to get silly, look up the phrase "VAX VUP"