Connection Failure after Sleeping

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
After installing Jaguar I seem to have developed that bug where after you wake your computer from sleep it can't connect to the internet again, where can I download the fix for this?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    kecksykecksy Posts: 1,002member
    What version of Jaguar are you using? What type of computer do you have? How are you connecting to the Internet? Dial-up? DSL? Cable?
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Mac OS X 10.2.2

Hermstedt Webshuttle DSL

I remember seeing this fix up for download but didn't need it at the time, at the moment there's nothing else wrong with the internet.

Andrew
  • Reply 3 of 6
    xionjaxionja Posts: 504member
    I noticed that too, I have to wait a minute(i estimate) then it just works. I thought maybe it was because i am using airport. Its just a slight inconvience for me.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    kecksykecksy Posts: 1,002member
    If you're using DSL, I take it you're connecting to the Internet via PPPoE? I'm not sure if this will solve your problem, but you should at least give it a try:

Open the System Preferences and click on the Network Icon. There will be a menu called Show. Select it and chose Network Port Configurations. You'll see a list of active ports. Make sure Ethernet is on the top of the list. If not, click on it and drag it to the top.

Next, open the Energy Saver control panel. Click the button that says Show Details. Click the tab that says options. Make sure all of the Wake options are unchecked.

Do you have an iBook? I've heard stories of iBooks becoming unreliable after waking from sleep, although I haven't experienced any problems with my own iBook. You might want to search <a href="http://xlr8yourmac.com"; target="_blank">http://xlr8yourmac.com</a>; . They have loads of articles and reader reports on similar problems.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    No, it was a well-known bug, which I saw a fix for on the Apple website once, but I ignored it becuase I didn't need it back then.

Andrew
  • Reply 6 of 6
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    I think it was for OS 9 though.