iMovie crashing when I share in quicktime

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014

I am on Os 10.7.5 and iMovie 9.0.8 is crashing on a 7 min project in sharing it to quicktime in low, med, and high...It work ok till the last up date of iMovie...is there a reason for this to happen and how can I fix it?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    When it crashes, hit the button to see the report and post what it says. The text around the part that says "Thread 0 crashed" is most useful so you don't have to post the whole thing.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    dmfettdmfett Posts: 141member

I will check out that this evening on my home computer and report back...one problem how do I copy the text of the report as it will not let me select all and copy...is there another way to copy the report?

• Reply 3 of 4
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    You should be able to select the text with the mouse and copy that way. You can also open the log file using /Applications/Utilities/Console.app, click show log list if the list isn't open on the left and locate the iMovie log. It should be in one of the /Library/Logs/CrashReporter folders.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    dmfettdmfett Posts: 141member

Thanks....I can highlight the text but not copy...will try to get it the way you said...I can also take a screen  shot as well...

Will post it when I get home.