How this is the iPad Mini likely to be?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014

The most important aspect of an iPad Mini for me is (after price ofc) the portability; this is the kind of device that would be useful at work, in my case, in medicine. The mockups already make the thing look pretty big, too big for even a large pocket, which is a big shame imo. So how about the thickness/lightness? The iPad 3 was a step backward in this regard and something that thick and heavy albeit smaller would not be very practical for what I need it for, but there's all this talk of GF Ditto and whatnot...

So what's the current word? The thinnest evarrr or probably fairly chunky still?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3

Originally Posted by Ciaran Doherty View Post

The iPad 3 was a step backward in this regard…

No, it wasn't… 

So what's the current word? The thinnest evarrr or probably fairly chunky still?

Thin, but too big for a pocket (and with a screen too small to do much on). 

I see hospitals refusing to buy anything but the regular iPad 3 and above.

• Reply 2 of 3
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    No, it wasn't… 

Thin, but too big for a pocket (and with a screen too small to do much on). 

I see hospitals refusing to buy anything but the regular iPad 3 and above.

And I see many organizations chomping at the bit to get a few of these Minis. To put it bluntly the current iPad is just too big. I see rapid sales of the Mini to business and other users that are constantly on the move.
  • Reply 3 of 3

To be honest, I didn't expect iPad 3 to be thicker than my existing iPad 2, you would imagine to be at the very least carrying the same thickness if they can't make it thinner. Else, don't incorporate the Retina display if it's going to cause the design to be thicker AND hotter to run on a long period of time...