Safari for Mac is killing me!!!!! (affects Google images and YouTube)

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014

Issue is Safari only, not Chrome. (I use Safari)

Google images: http://i.imgur.com/sRktV.png

Trying to login to YouTube: http://i.imgur.com/b03if.png

Clicking YouTube in Google toolbar (on goolge.com) sends me here: http://i.imgur.com/4z9T3.png

I cleared all of the cache, and tried restarting my Mac, but the issue remains. I'm sure someone here has encountered this issue before.

P.S. it logs me into Google.com fine.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 23
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member

Switching to Goolge DNS didn't fix it.

• Reply 2 of 23

Update: now YouTube doesn't work AT ALL.

Update: YouTube is back, but issue remain. This is driving me nuts.

• Reply 3 of 23

it means you are lucky, this should be a feature of safari not a problem....   

Guck Foogle!!!!

sorry man, had to do that, maybe google is just being a bunch of assholes and trying to disable it in safari? 

wouldn't put it past those skanky dogs to bug it up now and then but then again it might just be swamp gas from a weather balloon that was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus messing up the DNS in you part of the world 8^)

• Reply 4 of 23
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Update: now YouTube doesn't work AT ALL.

Update: YouTube is back, but issue remain. This is driving me nuts.

It's claiming something is up with security. That could mean something on your ISPs side of thing. Or perhaps your Safari install is bonked. Try another browser like firefox and if the issue doesn't happen then you might need to uninstall Safari and reinstall it. Perhaps even delete the WebKit also in case the issue is there. If you try that I wouldn't empty trash until you are sure you have it back just in case

• Reply 5 of 23

Quote:

Originally Posted by RogueDogRandy View Post

it means you are lucky, this should be a feature of safari not a problem....   

Guck Foogle!!!!

sorry man, had to do that, maybe google is just being a bunch of assholes and trying to disable it in safari? 

wouldn't put it past those skanky dogs to bug it up now and then but then again it might just be swamp gas from a weather balloon that was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus messing up the DNS in you part of the world 8^)

I don't particularly like Google, but you're paranoid.

• Reply 6 of 23

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

It's claiming something is up with security. That could mean something on your ISPs side of thing. Or perhaps your Safari install is bonked. Try another browser like firefox and if the issue doesn't happen then you might need to uninstall Safari and reinstall it.

It's fine in Chrome, as I stated. How do you reinstall Safari on Mountain Lion? I don't know if that's the problem.

• Reply 7 of 23

i just fully 'reset' Safari, so this will give you an idea of the types of issue I'm getting only in the Safari web browser:

• Reply 8 of 23

SOLVED

Issue is back :-(

Safari caches problem (thanks to them being hidden in Mountain Lion), I dumped them.

P.S. Since when did Apple think doing a full reset in Safari shouldn't dump its caches. Not good.

• Reply 9 of 23
  • Reply 10 of 23

Do you have Little Snitch and/or are blocking any (ANY) Google-based websites manually?

• Reply 11 of 23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Do you have Little Snitch and/or are blocking any (ANY) Google-based websites manually?

Not that I aware of. I just restored my whole system from a Time Machine backup. And I turned my Extensions off. But I still get the issue.

The following is the text from the error.

(very interestingly, both Chrome and Firefox now show an error (though both still manage to log me into YouTube, while Safari cannot, no matter what I try)

Safari, YouTube login error:

Safari can't open the page “https://accounts.youtube.com/accounts/Sets!D?

ssdc=1 &sidt=ALWU2csAsFAN4z0tIosHxB3GANcD2Xyqi6odgfvZOCJEp7NFqot

EbjcoM4R7WTtGCs8oWNMDuvpH306A4NqK1qQLE4wn%2BsUiC%2FeKRfZ

uT7dI3Y0rHqIRUug5qCKM%2F2hkZMUtvxEpPGBpaZKI2CNxPGXWqfFoRCyu

WgVQcjqChh6kc0X4Fjw9a0dmm7Pdnh9fJLqM5fXS%2FFocZXULWYepEyAY

MxZND%2BO3%2F.J0fwZ07EIzXJpIXrpxZWh2.JS9IoUGgIzCEBDDb9up0516e

TrrRAmC7Z.J%2FZ1 5br9i8VvirtT5C.Je K5vfeXyh4z8%2F%2Bk8thYoPkOah36

%2BwI926s00XByZIOvduhKWH1 DC2uFID5mGNGSCXqROA2IJ%2BbNY%3D

&continue=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fsignin%3Faction_handIe_

signin%3Dtrue%26feature%3Dsign_in_button%26nomobiIetemp%3D1 %26hI

%3Den_US%26next%3D%252FresuIts%253FhI%253Den%2526q%253Dima

c%2526bav%253Don.2%252Cor.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.%2526bpcI%253D3546

6521 %2526biw%253D1335%2526bih%253D940%2526um%253D1 %2526ie

%253DUTF-

8%2526sa%253DN%2526tab%253Dw1 %26pIi%3D1 %26auth%3DDQAAAHo

AAACBnLbRN2e2ddiIaYRw5us9M9I5G0-

WwMHT.JOMbnNO8P4DAbNKk7XwA1 bH-Rb-

2xBIDa4omPY6hmgC1 5DOAo7a9-M0uM1_OoDvYRme1t3Sr6b7-mDq_-

Kw_hbSWS7sJQzFEVaJWzoW5VTi2I9TZjwKUDZwZH7Qpx6aY4FDoafI'Yyg"

because Safari can't establish a secure connection to the server

“accounts.youtube.com".

Chrome and Firefox, YouTube login error:

Sorry, we found some errors:

• Invalid url forwarding parameter

• Sorry, your login was incorrect.

Even though Chrome and FF show an error with a line that reads "sorry, your login was incorrect", they both successfully log me in, clicking the YouTube logo and visiting the homepage reveals I am in fact logged in.

• Reply 12 of 23

UPDATE:

I switched my DNS and now the Safari error in YouTube seems to be matching the error seen in both FF and CR, and also logs me in.

It is possible the switching of my DNS and the timing of this is purely coincidental.

• Reply 13 of 23

UPDATE, AGAIN:

Issue is back again. Can't login YouTube in Safari now.

• Reply 14 of 23

Same thing here, I live & Galway and use UPC I first thought thats the issue but I cant login from University or work either (two different internet providers) I own two MacBook Pros and have two iPhone 4S who show all the same symptoms. I guess Google is responsible.

• Reply 15 of 23

Quote:

Originally Posted by joushikijin View Post

Same thing here, I live & Galway and use UPC I first thought thats the issue but I cant login from University or work either (two different internet providers) I own two MacBook Pros and have two iPhone 4S who show all the same symptoms. I guess Google is responsible.

PHEW!!!

Should be fixed soon then. Hours wasted, lol.

• Reply 16 of 23

I went trough the same process as you did, I have it for a good few days now, not sure when or if it is being fixed image Sad as it is I am glad I am not the only one with the issue...

• Reply 17 of 23

Hey folks..been trying to troubleshoot the same problem all night and as it happens I'm also in Galway with UPC. Wonder if it's a local problem?

• Reply 18 of 23

I think I found the issue. When you logon to your router (enter 192.168.1.1 in your browser address bar) no login required... click at the most left pane called "system" this show the error message "MAC address of the CMTS's RF interface" in yellow letters for me. Guess it is UPC after all (again)!

• Reply 19 of 23

Ok, resetting the modem did feck all, I guess its time to call UPC image

• Reply 20 of 23